Chapter 3

Back in the office, Gladion and Kiawe were on the verge of losing it on the three imposters. Their worry for the girls was festering and beginning to boil into rage within them.

"Tell us what happened to them!" Gladion shouted in their faces.

"Say it don't spray it." The Mallow impersonator rolled her eyes.

"This isn't some game!" Kiawe snapped.

"It isn't? Could have fooled us." Moon's imposter remarked.

Kiawe and Gladion growled loudly in response. They were trying desperately to control their anger, for if they didn't it wouldn't be pretty. For anyone.

"If you don't start talking, right now..." Gladion brought a fist up.

Kiawe followed suit, ready to get the information by any means necessary.

"Hold on!" Lillie intervened, stepping between the temperamental boys and the imposters. "This isn't working. Threatening or hurting them is only going to make them clam up more."

"Than what do you suggest we do Lillie? Who knows what their doing to them right now!" Gladion retorted.

"Regardless of what is happening, do you really think Moon or Mallow would want this? To know that you two were hurting people?" Lillie questioned. Kiawe and Gladion averted their gaze, knowing she was right. "So, we need to go about this differently, ok?" Lillie took in a breath and turned to the three imposters. "Look, I know that none of you want to be like this or to hurt people. You can stop all of this if you just tell us what happens and where they are."

"Pfff. Like we would tell you." Moon's imposter said.

Lillie took a moment and scanned each of them. She had to get through to at least one of them. From the looks if it, it was going to be the boy.

"I know things are hard and sometimes you have to do bad things to make it. Sometimes, these bad things are done for love and...that young man you helped take...I'm in love with him." Lillie admitted. Tears were beginning to form in her eyes. "But he has no idea. Please, tell me what's happening. I need the chance to tell him...before it's too late."

"Oh please. One little love isn't enough to change your minds. Plenty of people live their lives without showing their love." Mallow's imposter

"But it isn't just me. These two!" Lillie gestured to Gladion and Kiawe. "They are in love with the girls you took. Even if they hadn't said anything...and acted as if they were just friends...just so they can keep them close...they love them. Can't you understand that? What's it's like to feel that way?"

Sun's imposters slowly nodded, unknowingly to him. The girls eyes widened as they noticed his action. Lillie locked eyes with him and stood in front of him.

"Can you please tell me?" Lillie begged.

"I...I..." he stammered.

"What! You are actually going to tell them?"

"Are you serious right now?"

Suddenly, they heard some commotion outside the closed door and went to see the cause. To their surprise and Kiawe's great relief, Mallow stood in the hallway with two men knocked out at her feet. She was breathing heavily and looked all tattered with a broomstick in hand.

"Mallow! I'm so glad you're ok." Kiawe scooped her up in his arms.

Mallow hugged him back, thankful that she was safe again. She closed her eyes and took in his comforting warmth.