⋞ 15 ⋟

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴇ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER FIFTEEN• ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴇ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

"Dad, you're so annoying." You say through laughs as Gael dances around in the kitchen.

"Well, my baby has been looking a little sad lately. I have to make her smile somehow," He stops dancing and walks over to you, wrapping his arms around you and kissing your forehead. "Seems like I achieved."

You smile warmly at your father, but your demeanor changes as soon as Taehyung walks into the kitchen. Gael fails to notice, but Taehyung doesn't.

"Hey, Tae," Gael greets with a grin, letting go of you. "I haven't seen much of you lately."

"Yeah, um, I've been sleeping over at a friend's house."

Taehyung looks over at you and you instantly look away, turning your gaze to the floor.

"Tired of us already?" Gael jokes.

"No, not at all," Taehyung chuckles. "I just wanted to come talk to you and thank you for letting me stay in your home. I had a good time here."

"Of course! You're always welcomed here," Gael replies. "I hope Y/N and Jungkook weren't a handful."

"They weren't," You roll your eyes at his words. "Anyway, I finally got everything settled with my penthouse, so I'll be getting out of your hair soon."

You were trying your hardest not to show it, but his words shock you.

"I'm happy for you, Tae. I mean, sad that you'll be leaving, but happy since you finally got your own place."

"Thanks, Gael." Taehyung forces a sweet smile.

He glances over at you who still keeps up a poker face as you look elsewhere.

"Well, I would help you pack, but I've got a business meeting," Your father turns to you. "Y/N, why don't you help him?"

Because, dad, I told him I loved him as he was fucking my brains out. Oh. And he didn't even say it back.

"Can't," You stand up from the chair and push it back under the table. "I've got plans."

You walk out of the kitchen, Taehyung's eyes following your every step.

"I'm sorry for her behavior. She's been acting weird lately."

"It's fine. Plus, the movers don't come until tomorrow anyway," Taehyung looks down at his wrist, checking the time. "I gotta be somewhere in a few minutes, so I should be heading out."

"I'll walk out with you." Gael turns to the table and grabs his suitcase.

• • • •

You jog down the stairs, making your way to the foyer. You open the door and Taehyung's assistant looks up, smiling.