3. Broken Arm

Wow I just wrote like a thousand word notes for my plans with this book, detailing the future and some upcoming chapters I am so PUMPED

Training was something Kiba had frequently thought about, but he never planned out specific times of the day to do it. Every now and then he's visit a training ground, or attempt to study the books and jutsu.

Most of the time, Kiba was far more interested in pranks or spending time with Sasuke or Ino. Even Akamaru had suggested they train together, concerned for Kiba's education.

But he never did anything about it, until he became friends with Sasuke Uchiha. They soon fell into a routine, after Kiba had let it slip he didn't train. Every Saturday would be devoted to physical training. Sundays were spent on chakra control and jutsu.

Kiba enjoyed it, and he was sure Sasuke did too. Despite not sparring or anything, they both were far more efficient with company.

Speaking of his friend, Sasuke hadn't said anything since they arrived together in the training ground. He had grunted and nodded, then walked off to the other side. Kiba just shrugged and sat on the floor, reaching into a stretch. Maybe it was just a mood or something.

::

Ino was arranging flowers, her brows furrowed and her lips parted in concentration when Kiba entered the Yamanaka Flower Shop.

"Heya." Ino hummed, not looking up to acknowledge Kiba's presence.

Akamaru barked his own greeting, and Ino's face brightened.

"Akamaru!" Ino placed down her flowers and rushed past the counter.

Kiba grinned. "I'm here too, y'know."

Ino was on her knees, petting and cuddling Akamaru like they hadn't visited her yesterday. "Yeah yeah." She waved him off, rolling her eyes and fighting off a smile. "I know."

Akamaru proceeded to trod over to some tulips, his favorite, and sniff them lovingly. Kiba and Ino watched him with, Ino's eyes shining with fondness.

"It's nice to have company." Came her quiet voice. It rose. "I mean, of course many people want to visit or stop bye, but they're all so busy, I'm sure." Ino cleared her throat and swiftly turned back to her flower arranging.

Kiba just smiled, pulled up a stool, and watched her work.

::

"What's your worst fear?"

Sasuke shrugged.

Kiba cocked his head to the side. "Okay. Mine is probably.." he trailed off in thought. "Lightning." He frowned.

Sasuke smirked at him. Kiba, in retaliation, stuck his tongue out childishly and crossed his arms.

"What! They freak me out." He shuddered. "Okay, next question. "Rain, or snow?"

"Snow."

Kiba muttered something about preferring rain, and glanced down the road. "I'm pretty sure there's a new food stall, some traveling cook, they say he's—"

He froze. Sasuke raised his head in a silent question, but his eye's widened when he saw where Kiba had took off.

He was running toward a young boy, 6 or 7 at most, who was wandering into the street following a friend that had run ahead. Kiba pushed and shoved past the adults who cried warnings that fell on deaf ears, and shoved him out of the way as a stampeding summon rushed forward.