New Friends

Amber was waiting by the entrance of the Flower Scouts' camp for her aunt to answer her calls, but she has no luck.

 As Amber is waiting she hears three voices coming from inside the forest. She pops her head into the forest and discovers three campers, each with a matching yellow shirt. She approaches them and says hello to Max, Neil, and Nikki.

 Max notices her Flower Scout uniform and asks, "What are you doing outside your camp?" in a snarky tone. 

Feeling pressured Amber replies, "I'm actually no longer a member of the Flower Scouts... I was kicked out." she says joylessly. Nikki, remembering how she was treated by the Flower Scouts, makes a suggestion. "Why not join Camp Campbell? We take just about anyone." Nikki says eagerly. Amber - debating if things will be different at a third new camp this summer - perks up to the idea. 

Nikki says with enthusiasm, "Great! We should probably get back soon, David is going to want to meet you". Together they all walk back to Camp Campbell. Nikki starts rambling to Amber about how great Camp Campbell is and how exciting it is to have a new camper.

 Max, walking slowly behind with Neil, whispers, "Is it a little STRANGE to you that a Flower Scout found us in the woods and almost instantly agreed to join a new summer camp with no hesitation?"Neil shrugs his shoulders, "It's not the strangest thing to happen this summer, but you probably shouldn't get involved in this Max... I mean she seemed pretty torn from being kicked from the Flower Scouts, and we know how ruthless they can be."