Forgiveness

As Max approached the tent, David and Gwen were exiting the tent. Discussing whether they think Amber will stay or not. Max enters the tent and sees Amber holding onto her Flower Scout uniform. 

"Hey, Amber... are you okay?" Max asks with a concerned tone. 

"You know Max, growing up... I never had a lot of friends. I lived on a farm with my aunt and uncle, and I had no one my age around me. I still don't. When I heard my aunt discussing a summer camp with me, it sounded like a perfect opportunity to make friends. After arriving, I shortly realized I wasn't happy. An all-boys camp just didn't fit me. I knew what I was, and I had to live up to it, to be happy. I called my aunt and told her and Pikeman overheard our conversation. He kicked me out. I had enrolled in the Flower Scouts shortly after and it felt great. I felt like I belonged. I was happy. But not everyone understands my life and my life choices, so I was outcasted from the Flower Scouts. When I was waiting for my aunt to pick me up yesterday, I felt like I could never be happy as myself. That is until I heard those voices in the woods. Coming here, meeting everyone, and people genuinely enjoying my company felt amazing. However, my lifestyle can never be a secret," Amber says through tears. 

Max looks sad. "Look, Amber, I had no business getting involved in your business. I'm sorry I didn't know," Max says with sincerity. Amber looks up and smiles. "Fuck those camps they don't know what they've lost," Max says with a smile. Amber hugs Max, and thanks him for the nice things he's said. 

Max sits down next to her. "So have you picked out a camp yet?" Max asks. "Actually I have," Amber says while picking up a Sewing Camp pamphlet. 

End :)