Chapter 5

I can edit later... Right?
7:19 p.m

New Message;

From: Joey
To: You

louis? are you there?

From: Lewis
To: Joey

what's up joey?

New Message;

From: Joey
To: You

louis, i need help.

Louis knew something was wrong because she wasn't calling him 'Lewis'.

From: Louis
To: Jo

come over to my house.

Below that, he stated his address and he waited for her to come to his house.

7:32 p.m

A doorbell caught Louis' attention from the television set he was currently watching. He got up from his comfortable fortress on the couch and walked towards the door. He peeked through the peephole and saw Jodie waiting impatiently for him to open the door. He grinned and opened the door for her but was pushed back as she barged in.

"Uh," Louis started, closing the door, "Rude."

She turned to look at him, "Sorry. I just had to get in."

Louis nodded. They stood there looking at each other awkwardly.

"So," Louis dragged out after a moment of silence, "What did you need help with?"

"Oh, right. I am in a bit of a dilemma, are you willing to help?"

Louis smiled softly, "Of course. What's the problem?"

"Basically, I have a stalker as a boyfriend. He wants to know where I go, who I'm with, when I leave, what I'm doing, and why I need to be there. And when I leave before 'asking' him, he follows me."

"That seems pretty intense."

Jo nodded, and a frown settled on her face.

"I can't do anything about it though," she said angrily.

"Of course you can. Why don't you call the police if you don't like it?"

"It's not that big of a deal."

Louis led her to his couch, where they sat continuing the conversation.

"Did he follow you here?"

"I'm not sure."

Louis stared at her.

"What do you mean 'not sure'?"

"It means I'm not sure."

Louis got up quickly going to the windows. Jo followed after him and looked out windows just like he was doing.

"Look for his car, okay?"

"Okay."

They spent a few moments but couldn't find any cars waiting nearby. Jo sighed and walked behind Louis, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"I don't see anything."

Jo led him back to the couch where they watched t.v. until it was 11'o'clock and then Jo went home.

1:07 a.m

Louis woke up to the sound of someone looking through his kitchen drawers. Quietly, Louis rolled off his bed landing on the floor, whispering profanities to himself. He crawled to the opening of the door where he poked his head through. The robber must have heard when he fell off his bed because they were running out his front door.

Louis stood up and brushed himself off and walked towards the now open door. He closed the door and rubbed his hands over his face. Worryingly, Louis paced back and forth through his kitchen, looking at the open drawers. He decided to send Jo a message.

From: Louis
To: Jo

hey jo? there was a break-in at my house. what should i do?

Louis waited for her to answer. He realized she probably wasn't going to answer because it was 1'o'clock in the morning. But he was surprised when she answered.

New Message;

From: Jo
To: You

louis? at this time of night? are you sure???

From: Louis
To: Jo

what??? you don't believe me?

Louis was getting irritated. How could she not believe him?

New Message;

From: Jo
To: You

maybe your mind is playing tricks on you.

After that, Louis didn't bother to respond. He was too angry to. He was there when she needed help, so why wasn't she there to do the same?

•••

Hey! I decided to update today because I had nothing better to do... So, yeah! This chapter seems a little bit too boring.

Byyee ^.^

~»Alli

The_Alligator