How You Met

My house was never a place I wanted to be. My mom left us when I was 6 and my dad, though he's not abusive, really just doesn't care for me at all. Instead of going home after school I tend to take a walk in the woods. My dad never notices I'm gone so it's not that big of a deal. Today I decided to take a different path because I was getting bored of seeing the same trees for weeks on end. This path was weird though. There where a whole bunch of bushes and vines, almost as if it was trying to block something off. Well me being me I kept walking because I'm just a curious person. I walked until I made it to this pond. It was filled with a lot of Koi fish. I reached my hand in to pet some of them when I hear "What are you doing" from behind me. I turn around and see a boy about my age with dark eyes and hair. He was fairly tall and was a little on the cute side. "I'm sorry I didn't know anybody lived here. I was just walking and didn't know it lead to your property" I said quietly. "Yeah well next time just don't bother coming back" he says stalking off. I was really confused, but decide that I had trespassed and was not staying.

A couple of days later I was walking again, but made sure to stay away from their property. I was about 5 minutes into the woods when I hear "Look who came back." I turn around and see the boy from a few days ago. "I'm sorry" I asked confused. "I thought I told you not to bother coming back" he aggressively replied. "What do you mean? I'm not on your property, I made sure of it" I angrily replied. "No you're not on our property. I'm just surprised you came back" he says oddly calm. "Why" I ask. "Most people don't wanna associate with my family, that's all" he says. "People tend to think we're weird" he continues. "Well you're a little rude, but what kid isn't" I say trying to lift the mood. "So what's your name stalker" he laughs at this and replies with "Miles and you." "Oh I'm y/n" I say. "Wanna walk with me, you look like you could use some sunlight." "No I should be getting home." "Okay well bye, see you soon." "Sure, see you soon."