You Get Hurt

Miles had invited me over to hang out. It was odd considering him and I only ever really hung out outside of the house. Normally he would take me horseback riding or swimming in the pool, but I wasn't gonna pass up the opportunity to go into the house. It was a very cold day and being in the house helped a little. I had known about Miles not having any parents for a long time and it was only Flora, Mrs. Grose, and himself that lived in the house for now. I wondered what it would be like to lose my parents, but it was probably a horrible thing especially if you had to witness it. Once I got inside the house I heard Miles yell "Hey come on we're gonna play hide and seek." I rushed up and had a little difficulty finding his room. Though when i tried to enter through a door Flora stopped me. "You shouldn't go in there. I don't go in there" she said creepily. "Well why don't you go in there" I asked not understanding why. It was just another hallway wasn't it. "Don't want to" she replied while she walked off. After finding Miles's room and him complaining that I took to long, Flora, him, and myself started playing hide and seek. Miles was up first and I ran trying to find a place to hide. I thought about what Flora had said and decided that it's was just her big imagination. I entered that part of the house and hid in a room. It suddenly started to get very cold, which I found odd since the rest of the house was so warm. I sat in the far corner of the room and waited. After what felt like hours I decided to leave, or at least I tried to. I felt an immense pain in my head almost as if someone was trying to rip out my hair. I tried to get free using my hands, but than it felt like cuts where being put on me. "Help me please. Miles help" I cried out not understanding what was happening. I finally was able to break free and ran out the door straight into Miles's arms. "Hey hey what happened" he ask checking over me. I look down and see blood all on my arms. With tears in my eyes i look at Miles and don't know what to say. "What ever you do, do not go back into that part of the house" he orders. I nod my head and let him take me to the kitchen to clean up. As I was getting ready for bed that night, I couldn't help but wonder what had happened to me.