The Pond 2/2

The crash hurt more than I anticipated, but than it was weird. It felt like I was floating. My clothes moving all around me. The weight of the world just gone. The water felt cold, but it didn't bother me. It felt lovely, like getting into the pool for the first time in the summer. The waves crashing seemed to lull me to sleep. Almost as if the water wanted me to go. There was a faint light, but than it started to grow brighter as I slowly let myself go. Praying that Miles would forgive me and not blame himself. That he would understand that none of this was his fault. It felt good to let go. Until the hand reached out of the dark.

Miles POV

My mind was lost. The faint sound around me didn't seem to bother me. Until I realized it was my scream. I couldn't lose her I just couldn't. Not only would I feel empty, but Quint would hate to have another spirit lurking in the house. I rushed forward almost throwing my body into the hole all together. "Miles no you can't go down there." i faintly heard Flora yell. "Flora go back to the house and get a fire and warm clothes ready." "But Miles.." "Just do it Flora!" She runs off as I keep fishing my arm through the water. I pushed half my body in and fished around grabbing a hand. I start to pull her up and hurry. Once we get on the ice, I drag her to land. I look down and notice that she was blue. "Oh no no no no no" I cry. I listened for a heart beat and heard a faint one. I picked her up and rushed to the house, knowing I only had minutes left. Flora has done what I asked and brought clothes down and started a fire. "This is why you shouldn't have gone out" Mrs. Grose said gravely. "If you're not going to help than just go away!" I all but yelled at her. I quickly dressed her in the warm clothes and sat by the fire with her. I cradled her in my arms and made sure to cover her in blankets. "Don't leave me. Please come back to me!" I tried warming her up as much as I could, but I don't know if it was working or not. "I can't lose you, come back to me." I kissed her thinking it would be the last time and cried over her. Crying over the fact I couldn't marry her or have her with me in a physical sense. "M-M-Miles." I heard a soft voice stutter out. I looked down and let out a joyous laugh, my darling was alright. "I am never letting you go out on ice ever again" I proclaimed. "I only wanted Flora to be safe." "She is safe and so are you. I'm never letting you out of my sight." "I'm okay with that" she said and smiled up at me. We spent the night cuddling, with her being as close as possible to me.