Confessing

*Request for HarelyMercer*

It always was strange to me. I never understood why out of everyone Miles chose to be my best friend. I remember it like it was yesterday, it was the first day of Kindergarten. I was never the social one, I would sit in the back and get all my work done. Maybe that's why he liked me, I was closed off like him. It was recess and everyone was playing by the slides. I was about to go down when some jerk decided to shove me down. Thankfully I only was bruised, but this is how I met Miles. Miles saw the whole thing happen and grew very annoyed with the boy and yelled at him for it. The boy just ignored it and continued sliding. Miles came over to me and helped me up and went with me to get ice. We were 6 than and now we're 17. It so weird to think we've been friends for over 11 years just because some kid shoved me off a slide. Though, I'm okay with it. I've been here through everything. I was there for him when his parents died, when Quint tried to groom him, when Miss. J died, and than when Quint died. Damn he's suffered through a lot of deaths in his life. Though I've been with him through everything and nothing will every change that, well maybe one thing. I have a crush on Miles and I've had it for about 2 years. I don't know how it started, but I know it's not going to go away. Being with him for almost 12 years made me realize all the things I love about him. The way he ruffles his hair when he's confused, when he taps his foot to the beat without even realizing he's doing it, and even when he scrunches up his nose in frustration, it's just adorable. I know that Flora and Ms. G love me and they have accepted me and my feelings for Miles. I just don't think Miles is going to accept them. Even though we're best friends, he hides his feelings a lot and decides to just be cold towards a lot of people. I decided that since I'm hanging out with him tonight at his house, I'll tell him my feelings tonight.

*Later That Day*

My parents had just dropped me off at Miles's house. "Be good honey, we'll pick you up at around 12:30" my mom yells out to me. "I will be good mom, and yes that's fine. I love you" I call back to her. They wave at me as they drive off to the gates. I turn around only to run right into Miles's chest. "Oh um hi" I stuttered, knowing I'm turning bright red at this moment. "You're here early" he states as he turns around to walk back into the house. "Yeah, my parents wanted to go on a date night so they dropped me off early." "That's fine, Flora is in her room playing dolls and Ms. G is cleaning something." I walk behind him, contemplating if I should tell him now or spend time with him before he could possibly reject me. "So what movie should we watch" I say as I walk next to him. "How about.." Miles was interrupted by Flora shoving him out of the way to hug me. "I missed you and I can't wait to play with you" Flora says smiling up at me. "Yeah I'll play with you for a bit but than I'm gonna watch a movie with Miles okay" I say to both of them. "Oh right because you're gonna mmhmmha." I slam my hand over Floras mouth before she can say anymore. "Yes but we're not saying anything right" I whisper into her ear. She nods her head and I remove my hand. "Okay well let's go now." She drags me up the stairs while I give Miles a grin and follow her up.

*After enduring dress up*

Miles and I were sitting down watching a movie. Well, he was watching the movie, I was stressing. I was going over all of the scenarios in my head about what could possibly happen. What if he doesn't wanna be my friend? What if he feels the same way? What if he just wants to stay friends? Nothing could calm my nerves and I knew I had to tell him. "Uh hey Miles" I could hear the trembling in my voice. "Yeah what do you need" he ask not taking his eyes from the T.V. "Well um you see Ilikeyoualot" I say really fast. "Who slow down what" he finally looks at me. "I like you" I say finally. He laughs and says "Oh good joke." I feel extremely hurt that he thinks this is a joke. I guess my face fell because he said "You're not joking are you." "No Miles I'm not." "Well I could never like you" he spits out. "Why not" I say hurt. "You're my best friend that would be weird" he says. "Just go get out" he seethes while standing up. With tears in my eyes I run out of the living room. I knew I shouldn't have told him.

Miles POV

I was so confused. How could she like me. I was cold and rude to anybody not in my family. It just didn't make sense. I mean I've had a crush on her since the eighth grade, but I was never going to tell her. She deserves better than me. I would never be able to make her as happy as she deserves to be. She would only feel miserable with me. "Why did Y/N leave crying" Flora says as she enters the room. "What" I asked confused. "Y/N she left crying her eyes out, did you do something" Flora accuses. "No I don't think so." "Well did she tell you." "Tell me what Flora?" "She was gonna tell you how she felt. She had been planning it for awhile. Ms. G and I had to listen to the plans only like a thousand times" Flora teases. "Oh what have I done" I say. I hear the front door slam and decided to run after her.

Y/N POV

I slammed the door shut and ran out of the house. I was so humiliated, he really thought that I was joking. I was more embarrassed than anything. How was I supposed to see him in school and act okay. I decided to walk through the woods until my parents came to get me. I was so lost in thought I didn't realize someone was behind me until they wrapped they're hand around my mouth. I screamed in fear and tried to break free. "Hey hey shh it's just me." I knew that voice all to well. "What do you want" I ask coldly. "I came to apologize." "Apology excepted can I go now." "No I'm not finished yet. I like you okay. I didn't think you'd ever like me so I never told you." I was in shock, he liked me? "Than why where you so mean to me?" "I didn't think you deserved to be with me. You deserve better." "I don't want anyone else, I want you." He looked like he was contemplating something and than it happened. He kissed me for real. I kissed him back and than we both pulled away. We smiled at each other as we continued our walk in the woods.