Chapter 2

We went outside and met up with everyone else. I knew Khun was good at ordering people around — and he was certainly good at getting results by using others. Now, I guess he does trust me to some extent, but that doesn't mean he'd go easy on me. These realities kinda made me nervous. Even if he's an ally, he's still unpredictable.

"Okay, let's begin. The Workshop is not that far away, so make sure to do your best," Khun announced when we were all gathered at the meadow.

"Man, he's talking as if he's not even a part of this team," Prince complained.

Khun ignored his comment despite having heard it very well and continued, "For starters, [Y/N] will fight Ehwa, Dann and Miseng. One against three."

W H A T.

Over the years I've learned not to complain so I didn't say anything although I kept screaming inside.

Meanwhile all eyes were on me, waiting for my reaction. I shrugged.

"Is... Is [Y/N] so strong that she can beat three of us in one go?"

"Viole, Khun, [Y/N]... They're probably just a whole another league..."

"The hell."

I didn't pay much attention to these remarks and concentrated on the task at hand. If Khun wanted to test my strength then there's no way this was going to be easy. Though he did mention he joined this team just a few days ago, I doubt he knows a lot about their actual power. Moreover, if those people were actual teammates of Viole, then there's no way they're normal people.

I should just do the best I can in this situation. At the point I could create up to four bangs at once. That means I have one bang per person and one spare. Plus I have no knowledge of their power. And I have to keep a track of my scars. It will be a mess if Khun finds out.

I looked at the trio. They seemed rather unsure about the idea. The others retracted away to watch.

"Come at me whenever you're ready," I nodded at them. I didn't plan on saying anything else until the fight would be over as it would disrupt my tranquil concentration.

The three exchanged doubtful looks yet again, then nodded and the next thing I knew, Miseng charged at me head on.

Logically, she has to be an initiator. Probably she will try to restrict my movement so the other two could strike.

I didn't waste my precious time and created one bang that I sent flying against her. As predicted, the girl tried swinging her needle to reflect the attack, but little did she know that I still had control of it, so I dissipated it before it made contact with her weapon. She found herself in the middle of cloud of scattered energy, but was able to dash back out before I managed to blow it up.

The cracking sound filled the air for a couple of moments. It would've been a perfect moment for a counterattack, but I didn't want to risk anything before knowing their abilities, so I waited, keeping all three of them in my field of view.

Or so I thought. I suddenly realized I saw only two — Miseng and Ehwa. But Dann—

My gut feeling made me dash to the left and use the momentum to turn around. It was just in time to block Dann's kick.

His strong point is movement. He's either insanely fast or he's able to teleport. Otherwise I would have noticed him. But it was smart of him to use my attack to advance.

I let his kick throw me away, but it wasn't that strong because I dashed away earlier. I just wanted to create some distance between us.

Landing delicately after a backflip I judged the situation. This time Dann was coming at me from the left, Miseng from the right. Ehwa was far away, which was suspicious, but I didn't have the time to devote myself to that.