Chapter 5

[A/N: stay healthy my friends and enjoy!

Btw I fckd up a bit. I was re-reading the webtoon for some details and found out the time skip was 7, not 5 years, so I'll edit those in prev. chaps as soon as I publish this one.

... And I totally did not procrastinate writing this chapter since last Friday I swear,,]

After our short yet rich conversation with Khun I returned to my training. As expected, he left shortly without saying a word. I low-key regretted saying what I did, accusing him of leaving me alone and stuff. I mean, I sure did feel that way, but it doesn't mean I should've said that aloud. 

However, his reaction at the end was priceless. I would have never imagined him getting startled by my confession, especially coming from me. Back in the day I would've probably preferred death over confessing, but now that all those feelings are in the past, it's just a joke, a fact I can use to strike up a conversation, or something.

Honestly I couldn't quite explain his reaction that was an obvious overkill. I mean. What I said was in course of my emotions at the moment, but I'd frankly expected him to laugh at it. But well, he's always been a little weird with his own quirks. Plus I shouldn't exclude the option that he might've changed as well. Seven years is quite a timeframe, after all.

The strange behavior didn't end with that, though. Firstly, I haven't seen him for the rest of that day. I didn't quite think about it – at least I had the time to go out and buy new medicine.

I returned in the evening, seeing I had missed the dinner. Wangnan, Arkraptor and Ehwa were in the living room playing some card game when I walked in.

"Oh, [Y/N]!" Ehwa visibly lightened up as she saw me and waved her hand. "Where have you been?"

I chuckled, seeing how Wangnan didn't miss the chance to sneak a peak at Ehwa's cards while her attention was on me. "I went out to buy some stuff," I said. "Seems like I'm too late for dinner, huh?"

"Um, yeah. There are some leftovers thou– HEY! Stop this you orange freak! I'll burn you to a crisp!" Ehwa was now chasing Wangnan around the table.

"Yeah, go for it! You'll burn anything but me! Hahahah...!" Wangnan practically wheezed. 

While they were at it, Arkraptor asked me, "You wanna join us? I mean, I'm not sure we'll be playing cards anytime soon," he said, hinting in Ehwa and Wangnan's direction, "but whatever I guess."

"Em... I don't really feel like it right now. Better go get some rest," I mumbled. "Thanks for asking though!" I gave him a thumbs-up. 

"Yeah, no problem. Feel free to join anytime if you change your mind."

I smiled at him and left. 

Uh, these people are really trying to get all friendly with me. Where did they even get this care from? But whatever, that's not what's important right now. Right now I must find Miseng and finally clear things up.

I walked up the stairs and headed for the bedrooms wing. Then I realized I had no idea which room was Miseng's. Aside from that, it would be likely that her sister would be in there as well, and considering that I must've scared her yesterday, she wouldn't want to talk to me. I sighed. Why is this getting so troublesome...?

I leaned on the wall and kept thinking of a way to solve this. Good grief my scars have healed up completely, since I didn't use my shinsu today at all. So now they look simply like thin, old scars, probably coming from wounds inflicted a long time ago... Wait. That's it. That's it! I'm a genius!