Chapter 4

[A/N:  e n j o y  this juicy 3am update, I hope there aren't any typos]

I woke up, realizing it is already morning. Although it wasn't the alarm that woke me, I just had this habit of not sleeping much in general. Especially considering I took a nap last evening.

Ehwa was still asleep. Glancing at the clock, I saw I still had some time left until breakfast, so I left for bathroom for a routine checkup on my scars. I took some pain-relieving medicine and noticed I would have to buy more soon if I didn't want to use the shitty ones. And by soon I mean like tomorrow.

The injuries have actually healed quite a lot already, another half a day and they would be your everyday scars, nothing suspicious. That healing rate always amazed me ever since I got them. I knew they were special, but I still haven't got a single clue about what they actually are, or how to get rid of them.

I also did my hair while in the bathroom and my thoughts wandered to last night's events. There was immediately a wave of anxiety that tried to devour me when I remembered I had to apologize to Miseng and, well, explain everything to her without leaking my secret. 

Uhhh... Why did I have to be so salty yesterday? 

There was also Ehwa who, looking at our talk before sleep, was set on becoming friends with me. That could get bothersome. Again, it sounds like I'm the villain here. It's not like I have anything against her. I just... don't want any troubles, alright? Misunderstandings, lies, secrets, I want less of it. 

I'm climbing the tower to find my brother, and as soon as I do, I will probably part ways with everyone. So all of this is temporary anyway.

I made my way back to our bedroom, choosing what to wear for the day. This time it were leggings and a tunic with long sleeves. And my fingerless gloves of course. Again, all black. I wasn't trying to be edgy, but who knows how much power I will have to use today. If it's gonna be too much, no bandages can prevent my wounds from bleeding, but a dark color can at least hide it. 

I changed right in the room with Ehwa sleeping there, not bothered that she could wake up suddenly. She seemed very tired and definitely not used to such excessive training that Khun decided to put her through, so she's probably gonna sleep like dead even after hearing the alarm. 

Not to keep this a cliffhanger, I wasn't wrong. The alarm went off as I was about to leave the room. Ehwa's response culminated into one hell of a frown. I wouldn't even imagine that her cute face could pull a grimace like that. She laid there for a while, then pulled her blanket over her head and curled into a ball.

I chuckled, walked over and pulled the blanket off her completely, ultimately waking her up. She yelped and made eye contact with me, her eyes telling me she felt utterly betrayed. I smiled faintly and tossed the blanket back on her bed before hitting the snooze button and exiting the room. Whining was heard coming from some of the guys' rooms. 

What a bunch they are. Seriously, though... Do we even have a chance at the Workshop? I sure did tell Ehwa that we will do good because we have Khun, but... Seeing the morning to start off like this...

As far as I knew, Khun was sponsoring this whole team, so even at the breakfast there was plenty stuff to choose from. I made myself a couple of sandwiches and some coffee and went to the living room. Nobody was there yet, so I thought I'd finish up quickly to avoid meeting the whole bunch.

To my honest surprise, though, not even five minutes later people started coming downstairs. I assumed it would still take a while before they get out of their beds.

First to come was Arkraptor. Ah, yes, he made instant noodles yesterday.

"Morning," he said, taking a seat on the opposite side of the table.