That Morning

It was a normal morning, and Luz and Eda were up, eating breakfast. They had a normal morning, chatting about spells and other magic, along with how to teleport things.

"Hey, I've always wondered, what does Apple Blood taste like?" Luz asked.

"Hm?" Eda Replied.

"Well, If it's called 'Apple Blood', does that mean it's just the inside of an apple squeezed into liquid?" Luz Continued.

"...Kid, You're not way off." Eda replied.

Luz gave a confused expression, and tilted her head.

"Anyways, what lesson are we gonna do today?" Luz quickly changed the subject, smiling.

"First, we didn't even eat, so that's step 1." Eda said.

"But you've already had twelve Scones." Luz replied.

"By 'We' I meant you. You didn't eat any Scones on your plate." Eda replied, pointing to her plate.

Luz gave a happy smile, and squealed.

"I'm too PUMPED to eat! Today's the first day that you teach me a spell!" Luz cheered.

Eda closed Luz's mouth.

"Hang on, I never said I was teaching you a 'spell'." Eda replied.

Luz frowned sadly.

"Awww." Luz said, sadly.

"You're still new to magic. Sure, you can make circles, but I wanna start'cha with somethin' easy." Eda said.

*GASP* "You're gonna teach me an easy spell?" Luz asked, joyfully.

"Kid, it's not a Spell. It's just a simple magic trick of some kind." Eda replied.

Luz tilted her head in confusion, lifting an eyebrow.

"Uh... Huh?" Luz asked.

"I'll explain it after breakfast." Eda said, taking another sip of her mug.

The two sat at the table or a moment, with Luz still too excited to eat. So she watched Eda drink her cup, smiling as she continued her morning drink. It didn't take long for Eda to notice her, and she wiped the red liquid off her mouth.

"...You know it's rude to stare." Eda asked.

"I can't help it! I NEED to know that TRICK!" Luz cheered.

"Sheesh! Alright, kid. I can see your not the patient type." Eda replied.

Eda stood from her seat, and tossed her mug away, to which it luckily landed safely behind her on a nearby counter. She stretched, and started walking to the living room, with Luz smiling.

"Alright, toss your Scones over to King and let's start." Eda said.

"WOO!" Luz cheered.

Luz grabbed her untouched plate, and headed over to King's chair, which was a baby highchair. She placed the plate on the highchairs Mini surface.

"Eat up!" Luz said.

She reached over to give him a pet with her eyes off of the highchair, smiling. However, she reached down to feel nothing there. Luz was confused, and turned to the highchair, revealing it to be empty.

"King?" Luz called out.

Eda, who was setting up an item on a near flat surface turned to Luz.

"What's wrong?" Eda asked.

"King's not here. That's weird, he's ALWAYS here before us." Luz replied.

"He's probably still asleep, after all, we DID stay up late." Eda said.