제 01 장. Inspiration

Sunny's POV (Your POV)

I twitch my eyes to see if how many readers that I have right now from my latest story. 211,827 readers.

I slam a palm on my table in which I almost slap the laptop as well. Damn it, the number of readers haven't move since yesterday. As I calculated, the story is expected to increase its readers to 500,000 in just this week. Well, tomorrow will be the end of the week.

I come back to my senses when I heard a knock from my door. I sigh and close the laptop, "Come in." Hence, my secretary came in with a cup of chocomilk that I ordered. "Here is your chocomilk with extra sprinkles, Miss Sunny." She settled the cup on my table right next to my left hand.

I sigh again and grab the cup as I sip a neutral amount of the drink, "Is there anything else you need, Miss?"

I shake my head, "No no. You can go now." She bows before leaving my office. Then again, another knock was heard by the door and without my permission, Kang Seung-Min came in. "Yo." He greeted and grab a chair to sit beside me.

I remain silent with my eyes glued on my laptop that I closed earlier, "What's with that face?" I sigh, this must've been my third time. "I just don't get it. My works still haven't reached 500,000 reads. It's very strange." I saw him rest an arm on my table, "Maybe you're just overreacting too much."

With what he said, he receive a shot of glare from me. "What? It's true! You just published your works two days ago, remember? You should be thankful since you've got 200k+ readers in just a week." He concluded as a matter of fact.

Facing him, I clearly saw how he snaps himself, something like he just stared at me for awhile now. "You don't get me, Seung-Min. My works are expected to have 500,000 readers within this week. If I can't aim that expectation, it will affect the company! For sure there will be loss." He shakes his head and straighten his posture, allowing his hands to rest on my shoulders. "Listen, it will never do something reckless towards the company. You will not get in trouble about this, trust me."

Staring at his eyes full of sincerity and hope, it also strengthens my self-confidence. Without further more to say, I bob my head. Seung-Min suddenly stands up as I only look up at him, "It's lunch time. Why don't we go outside to eat lunch, what do you say?" I smile and stand up for a signal of my approval.

...

3 Days passed, Sunny's POV (Your POV)

I look down when General Manager Park Yong-Su, slams a paper on the table. I look back at him with an uncertainty expression on my face, "It's about your works." Because of what he said, I instantly grab the paper with trembling hands.

Seung-Min, who's with Sunny (You) all along, furrow his eyebrows as he tried to take a peek on the paper while Sunny (You) is reading it carefully. He trails back his attention to their manager as if he finally realizes the situation, "Supposed to be the target of your works' readers for the month is one million and five hundred thousand. Your other works have been published a few weeks ago but you still have an ongoing works that you've published this week. Well let me remind you that your monthly target is always one million and five hundred thousand,"

After reading the papers, my gaze went back to our General Manager, knowing what he's trying to say next. "Your record for this week did not reach the expected number of readers, it's only halfway. Thus your record for today is total of eight hundred thirty-two thousand and four hundred eleven readers. It's quiet a lack, Miss Jang. The company has high expectations towards you since you have been the leading author of this company. What's happening to you right now?" I bite the inside of my cheeks.