Part 1

"Can you stop splashing me you pest?!"

You shot Harry a dirty look when he splashed you again for the third time in five minutes. You were laying on a towel next to the pool as the sun graced your skin with a warm glow that was sure to leave tan lines from where your bathing suit was lying. You closed your eyes and turned your face away from him, trying to ignore the whines he was emitting and the quiet mumbling of his imitation of you.

"I don't even sound like that," you murmured absentmindedly toward the sky.

"Sound just like that, love."

You lifted your hand to block the sun as you peeked a quick glance over at him. He was floating on his back towards the edge of the pool with his eyes closed, only his face and chest visible to you. You watched as he blindly splashed water in your general direction again.

"Really?" You groaned as you sat up, wiping the water from your face.

He giggled softly, amused with himself as he swam over to you and propped his arm on the ledge of the pool next to your legs.

"'M bored," he hummed with a slight pout to his lips.

You slid your sunglasses on before glancing over to him again. Mainly so you could look at him and still hide the way your eyes paused on the sharp cut of his biceps and the way the water glistened off his skin like sparkles of confetti.

"We're supposed to be relaxing, H. If you would stop splashing me maybe you could try it," you spoke as you laid back down with your face turned to the sky.

"Didn't think you minded getting a little wet, love." His voice was low as he spoke, his tone sending chills down your spine and goosebumps across your skin.

"Oh my god," you scoffed in annoyance, pretending like his words didn't affect you.

You had been friends for a while now, having met back in his One Direction days. You worked on their third album as a producer, your style mixing well with some of the boys instantly, especially Harry's. You became close with him pretty quickly, bonding over Thai food and the close relationship you both had with your moms and sisters.

He was young in every aspect when you first met. Just a guy trying to figure out his way in a business he was catapulted into, wanting to do what was best but also stay true to himself and his roots. You were actually the ally he needed to get a few rock sounding songs on that album, helping him dip his toe into the type of music he was really passionate about. The first two albums were pop to their core but when you were brought in for their third, you backed Harry's ideas of a thicker guitar on a few tracks. It wasn't much, and could hardly be classified as rock, but it was the nudge he needed to voice his opinions more.

That followed suit into the band's fourth and fifth albums as well, being asked to come on for those and helping influence the rock edge, especially in their last album together. It was just another thing you and Harry bonded over. There were so many times when you had been cooped up in hotel rooms while they were touring the fourth album, listening to music and just talking about anything that came to mind. You were fast friends, and you were close friends now.

That's why you were there after all, in this beautiful, tropical corner of Jamaica, helping him with his first solo album. You were there as a friend and as a producer. He asked you to be a part of it when he called you the night before the hiatus was announced. He wanted to give you the heads up and tell you that you would work together soon, that he was taking a little break but would send you the details when he was ready to start his own record.

He was one of those friends that even when you didn't hear from him for a while you could pick up where you left off, no questions asked. That's why even after you hadn't heard from him the entire time he was away filming Dunkirk, you still didn't think twice once he finally called asking if he could fly you out to Jamaica to meet him.