One Final Option

He was guilty. He was angry. He was sore. He felt like the worst person in the entire world.

Lou forced himself out of bed, cringing with pain, both from yesterday's beating, and from the emotional torment that refused to give him peace. He had to silence it. But he didn't know how.

Lou didn't realize he was hitting his own head until his mind caught up with his body. He glanced in the mirror, and saw an ugly bruise. 'Ugly,' ran through his head, and he started to laugh. 'That's right! I'm ugly! The ugly truth is that I'm the only ugly person around here!' With these thoughts going through his head, Lou went through his day on autopilot. He didn't bother brushing his hair, or changing his clothes. He didn't see the point. After all, wasn't it those 'beloved' fur balls that made it clear; looks don't matter.

He cleaned the windows, swept the sidewalk, mopped the floors, dusted every single surface, and didn't acknowledge anyone else. He didn't even realize how ugly he was starting to look, his hair frazzled from his constant hand running through it, his suit in absolute ruins, wrinkled and covered with stains. His face was filthy with spots, stains, smudges, and bruises from cleaning gone wrong. And he didn't care one bit. He didn't care about anything anymore. He was a prototype, put on this earth to be everyone's chump.  He just wanted to leave this world. He needed to. No one would care. Not even the robots.

But, he didn't want to. He didn't see why he should. He'd probably end up no where. Heck, he couldn't leave at all. The portal would never let him through. He was doomed to spend eternity in the merciless clutches of punishment, and he deserved it.

"LOU!!" The poor blonde jumped, causing the bucket of water in his hand to spill all over his pants. Matt and his pals, standing nearby, started laughing up a storm. "Hey! Mr. Perfect wet his pants!" Matt roared, pointing and laughing, as Abby took picture after picture. Ox, who had been trying to get his friend's attention, frowned, and put his hands on his hips. "Now, cut that out, Matt." he stated firmly. "He lied to me. He was the cause of all our suffering." Lou winced. If all that Ox was saying was true, how could the rabbit want Matt to stop? So he could do it himself?

"...and I'm still trying to show him he's been forgiven." Lou's eyes widened, and he looked around at the crowd. Any hope inside him diminished. Ox was lying. All those 'disapproving' looks said so. Lou lowered his head again,, and went to clean up the mess. That was all he was good for, anyway.

Ox turned to Lou, surprised to see his blue orbs filled with tears, and emptiness. "Hey, Lou," Ox spoke, gently. "You want to go get something from Wage? She makes some mean chocolate-chip cookies." The rabbit smiled coaxingly. "Your favorite." He felt as if he were speaking to a little child, which surprised him. What surprised him even more was the shake of Lou's head. "I'm not hungry." Ox opened his mouth to protest...and drew a blank. He could only watch as Lou picked up his stuff, and went. Ox watched him leave until he could no longer see him, and, with determination, turned to hunt down Matt. Somehow, he knew Matt was responsible for this.

Lou enter the supply shed with less strength than he'd had the day before. Once again, he didn't bother to change or clean up. He simply hit the bed with an unceremonious flop. Sleep came easier then it had last night. He closed his eyes, and, at first, he dreamed of nothing. But, before he knew it, he was flooded with merciless nightmares;

'He was running. He didn't know where. He was running. Voices called after him:

"Monster!"

"Worthless!"

"You don't deserve to be forgiven!"

"You don't deserve...love...love...love..."

Lou ran faster. But it seemed more like he was slowing down. He was being dragged backwards. He looked over his shoulder, and immediately wished he hadn't. There was Ox, a murderous look on his face. And Moxy, tears falling from he eyes. Mandy, with an evil grin. "You'll pay for hurting my friend." One of her arms was draped over Moxy's shoulders.