Wishes Come True

"Now, Lou. Here's what I wish: Take your wand, and build us the biggest funhouse in the whole wide world. And, theme it after childhood."

Lou sat in Winter's lap, watching as she and her mother built said funhouse. It was large, and colorful, and looked more like a castle than a house. Winter must have thought the same thing, because she voted to call it the Fun Castle, rather than funhouse.

Indigo giggled, and turned the switch. Her daughter had become more knowledgeable with little parts such as gears and discarded junk, and created her little world.

Imagine Indigo's surprise when Winter brought home her little roller coaster model, knowing exactly what she wanted to do when she grew up: she wanted to make Wishful-Land real.

Indigo was more than happy to help her daughter with her model. It was more fun than she thought. It was amazing to see what her daughter's imagination could do.

As for Lou, he also worked to make the place real. he knew that, someday, with Winter's help, it would bring joy to everyone in the Big World. But, for now, it would stay hidden in the doll world.

Winter decided there had to be something special for Lou to use to make this place. Something magical and powerful. So, she created a wand for him. It was a small, pink stick with white accents and sparkling silver ribbons tied to it. It was complete with a little gem on top, shaped like a heart, with a star on top. That star was actually a cap. With a drop of the elixir inside the heart shaped gem, Lou could turn the drawing's he made with the wand's magic into reality.

The Fun Castle was complete, including a ballroom where you could meet princesses and have fun with them, a balcony where you could see the stage of the park where shows were put on, a tower with a rope hanging out of the window to swing on, and a tunnel with screens and mirrors, so you could see imaginary figures talking to you at every angle, and go on your own little virtual adventure.

Lou smiled. Every time he thought of Wishful-Land, he felt...happy. A happiness he'd never known. it was amazing.

And, whenever Winter didn't need him; when she was asleep, or out of the house or taking a test at school, he would slip off to the doll world, and add her latest creation. Of course, his doll body was still there, and she could still make wishes; he would hear her whispering in his ear, and feel her planting feather-light kisses on his face.

He wished such magic could work in the Big World. Then, he might make Winter's problems go away.

One sweet girl-surrounded by bullies.

Now Lou knew where Matt got it.

Lou stayed inside Winter's backpack, making no noise. Library books pushed against him, but he entertained himself with his thoughts. A light suddenly flooded the bag, and he was lifted out, along with one of those four books. Winter sat him against her arm on the table, and he read over her elbow. This book was called 'The Land of Neverendings.' Winter had also collected 'Alice in Wonderland,' 'The Last Unicorn,' and 'The Secret Garden,' from the library. She loved herself some fiction.

Lou felt himself being lifted up, and Winter took his wand out of his pocket, and kissed his forehead. "Now, Lou. Here's what I wish: let's make a section of Wishful-Land called The Worlds, where people can visit imaginary worlds like Smockeroon and Narnia." Lou's eyes sparkled. When the teacher started to talk, and he was placed back into the bag, he quickly went to work.

He ran through Perfection, ignoring the stares of doll's, and rushed to his secluded space. Wishful-Land looked so small and empty right now, but it was about to grow. It was no longer an amusement park: it was a world.

Lou took his wand, and drew a picture of a sign labeled :the World's. He unscrewed the star cap, and dropped some elixir on this drawing in the air. In a flash, a whole new section appeared just before his eyes. He went about, creating Wonderland forests, and Smockeroon's Caucus Race Ride. He made a door to a garden, where there were rides, and plants; a peaceful place, with no thrill-rides for people to enjoy themselves.

The next big idea was a grand Machine. It was called the Grand Shooting Star, and it fund people from one side of the park to another.

Then, Winter decided the park needed mascots, famous mascots to make the people happy, and take care of the park.

Thus, the most wonderful creation of all.

Winter didn't believe in using popular mythical creatures, such as unicorns and mermaids. She made her own.

Julianna was a girl who always dressed in beautiful dresses, and was brilliant at addressing the crowd. She was sort of like a counselor, and took care of the bullying situations. As part of Winter's Be Yourself proclamation, Lou had placed little boxes everywhere. All you had to do was press a button, and Julianna would see the flashing light and take care of the situation. Julianna was very special. With the twirl of a leg, she would grow a mermaid tail, and with the flick of her shoulders, fairy wings would sprout.

The Triplets, Ginger, Coral and Ezra, where responsible for building things. They were also famous singers at the park. They each had fluffy golden fur-or, in Ezra's case, golden-brown-and long bunny ears and cottontails. They had unlimited energy, and never fought.

Dibbity Pop was someone Winter seemed to have come up with in a moment's worth of epiphany. He was, by far, the strangest creature to ever show face at Wishful-Land. He had black, fluffy hair, and purple skin. He was supposed to be caregiver for the animals. He always wore white, red: bright colors that would show on his skin.

Plopsy was an adorable little penguin because that was Winter's favorite animals who could make other penguins appear out of thin air. No two would be exactly the same. His job was to take care of the people.

And, of course, there was Mother Shine, a lovely elderly woman who gave good advice, and watched over the people from her private tower, and Bash-Bash, who was supposed to welcome people, and keep the entertainment level high.

And, above all, princess Rose Belle. Winter's favorite fairy tale had inspired this character to make certain things in Wishful-Land were running smoothly, when Lou could not. She was basically his second in command.

Lou remembered drawing them, worried that he could not bring them to life. But, the elixir had come through, and now, he had wonderful friends, who kept the wishes alive, as they say.