4. lovely

And take him to the amusement park she did. The captain was overflowing with happiness exactly the same way when he hears Sanji shout that it was time to eat. His contagious joy ended up passing to Nami who was laughing like a child.

But Luffy was usually a lot of work because he couldn't stay still. If she looked away even for a second, the boy was already inside a ride and she was left to run after him. When they managed to be finally together in the middle of so many people, he would take the redhead's hand and pull it to another ride or even to one that they had already gone.

Since she had already set aside a certain amount of money to spend with him before leaving Sunny, she let him have fun and go to whatever attraction he wanted. She really missed this particular Luffy, who was stupidly happy and always knew how to enjoy everything life had to offer. Especially after everything they went through in the hand of the Emperors. It had been a while since she saw Luffy so relaxed.

I really wish we could do this more often.

Nami allowed a loving smile while looking at Luffy making friends with the popcorn man ("Oe old man with the funny beard... is it real? Let me pull it... anyway, your beard is ugly but your popcorn is really good! Gimme more!!") and the said man laughing at the captain because of the naive but funny jokes. It's super incredible how he manages to attract everyone around him. Probably this fact plus the confidence he has for the whole crew is what made the Straw Hats to be loyal even to Luffy's last strand of hair.

In fact, everything they are today is due to him. The Straw Hats are a force to be reckoned with because of him. Because of how much he inspired them to be the best version of themselves. You changed the lives of us all, Luffy. Do you realize how important you are?

The rubber boy said goodbye to the old man on the stool and started walking towards her carrying a bucket and a bag of popcorn.

"Hey, Nami! I bought for you!"

"Well, well, well... the glutton sharing food. I am impressed that you didn't devour it on the way."

Nami gave him a wry smile, but she was really puzzled. Luffy always ate everything he saw in front of him. He pouted and looked away the same way he did every time he was going to lie.

"Yeaaah... I didn't even think about it..."

"You goofball! You don't even know how to lie properly!!"

A hit in the head.

"Anyway, airhead, it's almost lunchtime and if we don't go back to Sunny, Sanji-kun will kill us. Let's go, one last ride, okay?"

"Aaaah Namiii, but-"

"No, no 'but'. Let's go. How about going to the paintball and I kick your ass and then boast about my victory?"

"...Don't you think you're being overconfident?", Luffy raised his eyebrow and looked at her as he devoured the popcorn.

"There is no such thing as overconfident, you idiot. Or are you afraid of losing?", Nami gave a mocking look and wiggled her eyebrows in order to provoke him.

"Haaaaaa? I'm not afraid of you, stuuuuupid."

Nami just needed to glare at him.

"...I'm lying. Yeah, I am afraid."

.

.

.

.

.

"Luffy!! Stop picking a fight with the children, you fool!"

"They started it, Nami!! Oeee your little demons, you never shoot anyone in the back!!", Luffy was gesturing wildly and the kids were just laughing at him.