6. straw hat

"She's. Busy. Now."

Nami could hear the grinding of his teeth and his hand tightening on her waist. She frowned. What's your problem, Luffy?

"What-? Are you her boyfriend or something?", the guy raised an eyebrow.

True. He really isn't.

"I don't care, she's busy now", Luffy's voice left no room for discussion. Anger was starting to bubble up inside Nami and she wasn't going to keep quiet.

"Look, man, I don't want any trouble, I just wanna dance with the hottie here, so if you'll excuse me-"

Hottie?

HOTTIE??

"What did you just call her?"

Nami could clearly picture Luffy's enraged face in her head and she was sure he could see hers too. But before she could protest, the strange guy reached out and took her hand out of nowhere, which ended up taking her away from the homicidal thoughts she was having about Luffy (and now about the guy too). But what the hell is this guy thinking? He's starting to piss me off.

He once again pulled her and Luffy held her tighter around the waist, but the man didn't want to let her go.

"Dude, you're hurting me!"

If she had her Clima-Tact, she wouldn't be having this problem.

"I'll give you five seconds to let her go. If you don't, I'm gonna kick your ass."

Nami still couldn't see Luffy's face, but she knew he was still frowning and his lips were trembling. The captain never knew how to control his temper.

"Haaa? I won't let go of her, I got here first, you piece of shit."

"One."

Luffy's counting wasn't being done just so he could punch the guy, it was also for Nami to keep her calm and composure.

"What-"

"Two."

It wasn't working for her.

"Do you really wanna intimidate me?"

"Three."

"Man, she was going to dance with me-"

"Four."

"Bro, who the hell do you think you are-"

"Five."

And so much for my tranquil night.

Luffy stretched his arm back, Nami lost her patience, the strange guy wasn't understanding anything, Nami also closed her fist and threw her arm back, Luffy's arm came back, Nami brought her arm forward, Luffy screamed and so did she.

"MY NAME IS MONKEY D. LUFFY!!"

"LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!"

Before the rubber boy's fist and hers came close to the guy's face, Nami could see his confused expression in a split second, become one of understanding and finally, of terror. Just now that he realized it was the Straw Hat Luffy.

Both fists hit him straight in the face, the guy was thrown back, destroying a stall in the process; Nami snorted, people shouted, the children ran, the band stopped playing and Luffy shouted again.

"AND NO ONE MESSES WITH MY NAKAMA!"

Even so, Nami sighed heavily, massaged her temples and repeated a mantra - I will calm down I will calm down I will calm down .