7. epilogue

Luffy was, for lack of a better word, ecstatic.

Full of joy, happy and light as a feather. And it was not because of the amazing sex he had in the night prior.

Well, there was that too, but to be fair, he has always felt like that after he and Nami banged, which makes him wonder if she's really a magician considering he made him like sex as much as he likes meat.

But that was not the reason (or maybe it really was because he lost count how many times they did it yesterday. One? Two? Five? Or it was ten? After all, Luffy is always full of stamina and Nami had become way stronger since their younger days) — it was not the real reason.

It was already 6 a.m. and Luffy was pumped. It's true he was not the kind of guy to wake up late, because waking up late meant less time to enjoy the day and eat meat. Or to fish with Usopp or play with Chopper, or to watch Franky create amazing new robot parts or even to annoy Sanji in the kitchen. Waking up late meant he would miss the sun lightening Nami's sleeping face. No, he can't have that.

She was still sleeping right beside him, with one arm stretched over his chest, and right now she was drooling, which he would definitely grave in mind so he could make fun of her later on. Shishishi, silly Nami, I'm gonna make fun of you!!, he thought. But even with her drooling next to him, he was really happy he could sleep with her every night, she was warm and he liked that.

That was also not the real reason.

He could hear from their bedroom the noise of things being dragged left and right on the deck. The sound of chitchat and a soft song coming out from a violin in the background was able to reach his ears — it seems the same song Brook was writing for three months and played for him the first time early that week.

And Luffy decided it fit.

Then, he heard him start playing another one Luffy knew, but with a slightly slower rhythm. Ah! He changed! I liked it, yeah, I did. Nami's gonna love it, shishishi!, he thought. Luffy started humming and singing in a low voice, being very careful to not wake her up.

Fascinating new thing

You delight me

And I know you're speaking of me

Suddenly, Brook stopped and Luffy frowned. He was liking the tune and was even singing and then Brook started again and Luffy was happy once more, but the skeleton stopped again and started and then stopped. The captain was starting to get annoyed and decided that the musician was going to receive a piece of his mind.

He kissed Nami's head softly, slowly disentangled himself from her embrace, and used his fruit to stretch and leave the bedroom as silent as possible. The clarity hurt his eyes and all the noises seemed way louder outside. Good thing Nami asked Franky to install panels on the walls that drown out the sound.

Right after he left the room, he saw how the deck was different — it seemed larger and already had a lot of chairs, a huge table that Sanji was decorating at the moment, an aisle with some flowers (it seems that Chopper and Usopp were arguing the best way to adorn it) that lead to an alter right below him, where Robin and Franky were starting to put up together. But he found Brook way down in the back, almost next to Sunny's figurehead.

"Oi, Brook! Make up your mind, are you going to play or not?!", Luffy was pouting and strode up to the skeleton.

"Oh, Luffy, you're already awake. Good, I need your help here on the food table", Sanji said without turning to him, "That stupid Marimo doesn't know shit, so it's better to ask the groom himself."