5. breaks and mends

Note: A very light Frobin and Zotash. My apologies to those who ship something else. (*_ _)人

Robin was lying on her sun lounger on the deck while reading a book and using Hana Hana no Mi to run the fingers through Franky's hair (What the hell is her inventing now?) when she saw Nami and Luffy go up to Sunny and each go to a different corner of the ship - Nami to the girls' room and Luffy to the kitchen.

They were not smiling, talking or fighting.

Strange.

Robin glanced at Franky and he looked at her with a raised eyebrow. So he had noticed, too. The archeologist looked quickly at their bedroom door, but the cyborg always perceptive, spoke over his shoulders.

"Go. I'll make something up if they ask."

Robin nodded and stroke his face. Franky gave her hand a quick kiss and she headed for the bedroom. Nami would probably not be in bed, but in the bathroom. Her friend cried there when Hancock threw so many things in her face, so she would probably be there crying for a reason that Robin couldn't quite tell.

I mean, she had a vague idea.

The archaeologist found the redhead staring at her own reflection in the bathtub with puffy eyes, totally naked and with the water running from the tap. Robin knew there was something wrong. But without saying a word, she approached, turned off the tap, gathered Nami's clothes that were scattered on the floor and put them in the laundry basin, undressed until she was left with only her underwear and got into the bathtub.

Robin waited patiently until Nami decided to speak. Patience was inherent in the archaeologist and she could wait all day and if what the redhead needed was just silence and a friendly shoulder, she would offer it.

After a few minutes, Nami spoke in a cracked voice. "I kissed Luffy."

Robin's eyes widened slightly, but she remained silent indicating that Nami could speak in her own time.

"But he did nothing."

Robin was not surprised by this statement - a kiss was not an enemy that the captain would know how to fight. Love was an opponent that she knew Luffy didn't understand, didn't know how to analyze, didn't know how to counter-attack.

"Why did you kiss him?"

"Because I love him."

Nami had never directly confirmed the archaeologist's suspicions, but she knew it wasn't necessary. The redhead managed to hide from most of the crew because they were all too young to be attached to the concept of love. It was as if they all diminished the importance of the feeling because it would mean that they wouldn't reach their goals and dreams. Sanji, Zoro, and Luffy especially. Extremely strong boys, but so naive to think that way.

But she and Franky knew better. They were able to pinpoint the exact moment when Nami's crush on Luffy became something completely different. And stronger. The couple even talked about it on occasions when they caught the navigator watching the captain when he wasn't looking or when she smiled kindly while ruffling his hair.

However, neither Robin nor Franky has commented on anything so far. The two thought it was best to let Nami and Luffy figure out for themselves, even if it took a long time.

"What do I do, Robin? What if I screw up everything because of a kiss? What if... Luffy stops being my friend because he thinks I'm going to be annoying and behave like Hancock?"