8

TWO YEARS LATER

You slowly rolled out of the hotel bed and grabbed your clothes off the ground and made your way to the bathroom. You started the shower and looked at yourself in the mirror. Your hair was a birds nest and it needed to be cut. When you left the Winchesters, you chopped your hair in a hotel room. You needed to do something destructive and blowing something up wasnt appropriate. You kept your promise and kept in touch with Dean. Every few weeks you'd text him how you were and what you were up to. Hes do the same and he never once mentioned Sam. He did however ask a few times for you to come back and you said no. The thought of Sam, yanked at your heart. You were curious about him but you knew that if you asked or contacted him it would be game over for you. You got into your shower and washed of the night before. It wasn't your proudest moment but it happened. After you got out of the shower and dressed again you walked out of the bathroom and saw last night already dressed and holding his keys. "So," he said looking you up and down. "Are we past one night stands? You've rolled through here four times in the last year and a half." You smirked. "Liam, you know we are pasted the one night stand thing. We are friends with benefits." Liam, that same Liam from the bar you blew off two years ago, chuckled and stood up. "To be friends I need to know you better. Like, what's your favorite song?" You picked up your bag and headed out the door and laughed. "In that case we are acquaintances with benefits and I have many many favorite songs but I enjoy Bob Segars Famous Final Scene quit a bit." You tossed you bag into your car and looked back af Liam. He was no Sam body wise but the sex was good. "Any idea when you might pass through again?" Liam asked standing by his door. "Like always, I'll let you know." You got into your car and drove away. Once on the freeway your phone rang, you looked at it and answered. "Just the person I need to talk to," you said a bit more cheerful than expected. "Hows it going Garth? How are things? Bess?" After the Winchesters and your hotel haircut, you showed up at Garths door and he and Bess took you in for six months. You left once their baby was born. "Things are good and Bess is good. I'm calling to see how that Las Vegas case went? And to tell you there may be a werewolf case in New Orleans." You did a quick u-turn and headed straight for Mississippi. "Case was great. Stopped in Arizona for a night. Now I'm back on the road and I'm actually headed towards Mississippi in fact." You looked at the time on tbr dashboard. "Maybe a day if I drive all day with maybe one or two stops?" "Awesome!" Garth said a little too cheerfully. "I called around and literally everyone was on a case or not close enough. But you were. Now go get them and if you can get them to change, send them my way." You agreed and hung up. Garth and Bess were both wolves that lives off animal hearts. When you came across a werewolf case, some times you were able to sway them to repent from the life they lived and sent them to Garths. He had great success with them. Your phone buzzed and you knew those where the notes and paper links to the case. You would check them out later once you got to the motel. You blinding fumbled with your aux cord and phone and started music so the drive would go quicker.

❗SAM POV❗
Sam stepped into the kitchen and saw dean making yet another sandwich. "I just got a call from Garth. He says theres a possible wolf pack case in New Orleans. Says we need to check it out and that he has another hunter meeting us there for extra handa." Dean took a bite of his sandwich. "Who's this hunter?" Dean's mouth was full and Sam just shook head and wondered how he and dean were even related. "He didnt say but if he says that we need another hand for something like this then I trust him." Dean nodded and took another bite. "True true, but," sam had started to walk away but turned around to face his brother. Dean's face a stern and serious. "Chances of her being there are slim. Hell, shes probably on a case right now." Sam stared at his brother. "I know that and so what if she came. I've moved on from her and she has probably moved on from me." Dean rose and eyebrow and Sam decided that it was good time to go back to his room and pack. Honestly, sam hadn't thought about you on a little over six months. He stopped asking dean if you texted or not. Sam even flirted with a girl a few nights before and exchanged numbers. Even texted a few times. Sam threw some clothes and his gun into the bag when a knock came. Sam straightened up and thought back to that morning you woke up. The kiss was still embedded into his mind. He could still feel them and the softness of them. Then he remembered the look on your face when he told you that you needed to go because you and him wouldn't work. The way you pleaded with him and teared up and said that you were in love with him. Sam was snapped back into reality when he heard another knock. "Yo, sammy," dean called out. "We all good to go? Or do you need time to finish up what you're doing?" Sam opened the door to see his brother standing there with his bags ready to go. "Just give me a second and I'll be out." Dean looked around Sam "what were you doing in there?" Dean asked. "Nothing just packing." Sam went to close his bag and headed on out after his brother. They loaded up in the impala and began the days drive to New Orleans. "I texted Garth and told him we would be there in by the afternoon. He said no rush." Sam looked out the window and thought only of you.
❗SAM POV OVER❗

You pulled into the motel at six in the evening and checked in. You noticed the bar across the street and knew that on the nights you and tbr Winchesters would roll through town you would go out and drink. You would push away every single man that tried everything to get into your pants. Only because you cared about one person and that person tore your world apart. You got into your room and set your things down and pulled out your wallet. You still used the card dean gave you that Charlie set up before her death. You put your hair up and a layer of lip gloss on. You walked to the bar and set af the counter and threw a $100 at the bartender to keep your tab open. You had a few drinks before the first man walked up to you. You were all for him too. "Hi there," he said. "I've never seen you here before." You smiled "well I'm just rolling through town on a federal case." The man rose his eyebrows and smiled. "How long are you here for?" He asked scooting his barstool closer to you. "Depends on how the case goes." You finish your drink. "Can I get you another one?" The man asked. Suddenly your stomach flipped around and you excused your self and ran to the bathroom to puke. After you were done throwing up your guts, you rinsed your face off and drank some water from the faucet. You still felt sick and wondered why. You didnt even exceed your drinking limit and you felt buzzed for sure, not drunk. You walked back out and saw that he was still sitting there. "Hey," you said weakly. "I really hate to do this but, I'm not feeling to hot and need to get back to my hotel and rest. Rain check maybe?" Once you got back to your room at the motel, you drank some water and popped some ibuprofen. You pulled up the links Garth sent to you and read up on the case. Once you were for sure up to date on it and had a game plan, you turned the lights off and headed to bed. Before drifting off to sleep you thought about Sam. Something you did when you were alone and not busy with your pick up from the bar. Did you miss him? Yeah you did but you knew you couldn't go back or talk to him. Not after leading you on with that kiss and stopping it. You thought about that kiss and how his hands felt on your skin. That smile you felt on your lips, made you long for it again. You warned dean that if you said anything about how you felt, things would have been different. You rolled over and felt a small tear leave your eye. You quickly batted it away with your hand and told yourself you needed to stop and get ahold of yourself. Sam fucking Winchester was not to be cried over.

❗SAM POV❗
The boys pulled into the motel, the same one you were staying at, around eleven this morning. Sam and dean got out of the impala. "Man I gotta pee," dean said groaning and popping his back. Sam did the same. "Well, you should have stopped at the rest area an hour ago." Dean tossed the keys to Sam and sped walked to the nearest bathroom. Sam made his way to the office to get a room. While he was talking to the receptionist from the corner of his eye he swore he saw you outside. "Hold that thought," sam said. When be looked out the window he saw nothing. Just the impala. Sam's heart sank but he knew that if you were around you'd want to stay away from him or kill him. With that sam finished his conversation with the receptionist and walked back out to see dean leaning on the impala. "Got us a room," he tossed the motel key to dean. The got back into the impala and moved the car to be in front of their room. Once in the room, the boys set up their things and got ready in their fed outfits. Once ready Dean said hed go to the last place the victims were seen and Sam would take the sheriff station. "What about this hunter? Are we supposed to meet her?" Sam asked before following his brother out the door. "Garth texted me and said she was already here. She could be at either place. And once this is over I may try my luck with her." Sam rolled his eyes and got into the impala. Once be was dropped off at the station he saw the car that looked familiar but shook his head and walked in. Once at the counter he showed his badge "oh awesome," the girl said in high voice. "Your partner is just now finishing up with the sheriff if you wanted to wait right here." Sam Took his badge and went to sit down. After a few minutes then sheriffs door opened. Sam gathered his things and stood up and once he looked up from straightening his suit out he looked up to see the shocked and surprised look on your face.
❗SAM POV OVER❗