-14-

I wake up to the soft sunlight filling my room, April has overtaken the city and my bedroom is cast is the pastel colors of an early spring morning. I feel surprisingly good, and considering today is a Saturday I don't have to worry about work killing my mood.

I climb out of bed, wearing just a tank top and a pair of loose shorts. My apartment is warm, but not overly warm. The sunlight beaming through the windows creates patches where the hardwood floor is heated up. I turn on the radio and then hop into the shower.

Once I'm out I braid my hair, pulling it all up in a bandana and deciding that now is a great time for some spring cleaning. I turn the music higher and get to work.

A few hours later the apartment is looking organized, dusted, and rejuvenated. I clap my hands together to rid them of any dust and admire my work. Not bad.

It's almost noon now though and I'm feeling hungry, I also figure that I should stop by Jakes today, open the windows, let his place air out a little and maybe do some spring cleaning there as well. So I go into my room and pull on a white jumper and a pair of mom jean overalls. They should keep me warm enough to avoid the leftover chill of winter but not be too heavy that I can't enjoy the spring air.

Then I grab the keys to jakes apartment and head out

Usually Jake would drive me to and from his place but without him around I'm stuck taking the metro, which is not that big a deal but does remind me yet again how much I miss him. I remember his drunk call last night and pull out my phone.

Y/n: Hey, hope you weren't feeling too hungover this morning. Heading over to yours now to clean the apt. and let it air out a bit. It's officially spring in NYC, you'd love it right now 💕

I know how much Jake loves New York, and it really is so beautiful here during the spring. There are cherry blossoms blooming and the dust and dirt of the city always seems like it's been blown away by the gusts of warmer air.

It should be almost 4pm for Jake now, he must have been up till almost 5am partying though considering it was already pretty late here when he called me.

I hop off the metro and soon enough find myself in Greenwich Village. It really is beautiful... and expensive. Lifestyles of the rich and the famous right? I snap a couple of pictures and send one to Jake.