Happy Ending :)

Sasuke woke up around 7 am like always. Untangling himself from Naruto's full bodied octopus-hug, he pushed blond strands of hair away and kissed him on the forehead, before getting up from the bed.

Before leaving the room, Sasuke looked once more towards Naruto laying asleep on their bed. Some of the bandages were visible where the bed covers failed to fully embrace the boy.

Sasuke went to the bathroom and left it fully dressed. Now was the time to go to the small garden outside the cottage to get ingredients needed for their breakfast.

Sasuke moved in silence around the house, using his ninja skills to not wake up his companion. By now the order was familiar and he could absentmindedly follow the routine set not so long ago.

He still remembered how terrified he'd been when he had arrived at the village only to find an enormous crater, spreading for kilometers in each direction. There had been no trace of the Hokage Rock nor Konoha. Nothing.

Panic overtaking him, he searched frantically, eyes burning. It was no better when he finally noticed a red blur, so different from the everpresent colour of earth. After getting close he felt tears escape his eyes, mixing with blood as the details sharpened.

More burned skin than anything else. He threw himself forward to check for the raise and fall of that chest he grew used to sleep tucked against.

Weak. Ah so weak. But it was there. His Naruto was still alive.

Now, two months later, he brought breakfast to the bed and seated himself right next to his lover. (Who - Sasuke could admit with great pride - finally took the submissive position in their relationship. As things should be. Having Naruto nearly incapacitated from his injuries helped Sasuke a lot in asserting his dominance.)

Naruto had no memories of the destruction of Konoha, so it was easy to tell him that it was Akatsuki's fault. Naruto took the news as one would suspect, growing silent, apathetic and withdrawn for over a month. Sasuke hoped Naruto would never learn the truth, even though Sasuke suspected it  had been Hinata's meddling that made Naruto set off.

But if Naruto didn't remember anything starting from Hinata's words and ending at the explosion, then all the better for Sasuke. Naruto would never learn about such useless details as his ill-advised seduction-destruction plan and now Sasuke had him for himself. Forever.

Maybe someday Naruto would agree to accompany the Uchiha in his mission to kill Itachi. Sasuke had discovered that he had awoken a new form of sharingan during his frantic search for the blond. It seemed to be on the same level as the one he assumed Itachi had. He finally felt he could do it.

But for now, he would live here, in the woods, grow his vegetables, cook meals and see Naruto heal. It was enough.