Happy Ending?

Ever since Tobi miscalculated, with Itachi's plan out in the open and Sasuke's new sharingan, there was nothing stopping the Uchiha brothers from reconciliating. Their relationship wasn't what it used to be but they were both trying to right their wrongs, spending time together and talking.

It was one of their family dinners, shared between Itachi, Sasuke and Naruto. They sat together around a table, when Sasuke realised he forgot to prepare any tomatoes. He disappeared, rushing to his garden to correct that unforgivable failure.

Silence befell in the dining room. Itachi took his chance.

"It was you who destroyed Konoha. You let kyuubi take over control and it made the whole village explode", Itachi said curtly, gaze cold.

Naruto hung his head for a moment, before raising it again and looking the Uchiha straight in the eye, consideringly. "I know", he said eventually, smiling slightly.

Itachi tensed, but before he could do anything, Sasuke rushed back in, a plate with sliced tomatoes in his hand. "Here we go", Sasuke smirked, self-satisfied as he slammed the plate down on the table. He then looked at his brother, furrowing his brows. "Is everything okay?"

Itachi caught Naruto's gaze across the table. Inhaled, closing his eyes. Exhaled, relaxing his body. He caught his younger brother's easily joyful gaze and shook his head, smiling softly. "Yes, everything is alright."

Naruto laughed and started teasing Sasuke about stealing all his beloved tomatoes. Sasuke caught Naruto's wrist and directed a tomato from Uzumaki's chopsticks towards his own mouth. Younger Uchiha smiled, cheeks full, eyes sparkling.

'I guess there's something wrong with all of us' Itachi thought, sighting heavily before activating his sharingan and attempting to also steal a tomato.

Sasuke roared offended, letting his own sharingan activate, and Naruto lost his breath to laughter.

END