"...I know you have class with me"

Magnus shook his head before walking into the same building, "Hey Fierro, we live in the same building!" Magnus smiled as he approached the elevator,

"You're kidding me, how long?" Alex huffed, rolling his eyes,

"Oh you know, just ten years," he pressed the button for the tenth floor and looked to Alex,

"Seventh floor, rich kid," Alex joked watching the doors close.

•+•+•

"Honey I'm home!" Alex called into the house as he dropped his coat next to the coat rack, "No ones home?" He asked waiting a few more seconds, "And there's my answer,"

He slid off his shoes and went to his room dropping his bag by his desk and changing into green sweats and a pink and green striped hoodie. A grey and brown prowled into the room and lurked up next to him and purred,

"Hi Pottery Barn," he said picking up the cat in his arms and carrying him to the kitchen. He quickly ate his pastry and drank his latte before feeding his cat.

He sat on the living room couch and turned on the TV when his phone went off, he checked and saw it was from Samirah.

'Here's your new best friends number by the way,' and for added affect, his dear half-sister added a winky emoji with the number.

He ignored it but ten minutes later his phone buzzed again, he groaned before turning back to his phone and looking at the text, this time from an unknown number.

'Sam just gave me this number, this is Magnus is this Alex?'

Alex weighed the options of tricking Magnus or playing nice before choosing the latter.

'Yea this is Alex, what do you want? Miss me already?'

'Oh yea of course, I miss how rude you are to me'

'Masochist' Alex replied before going back to his room and falling asleep while doing his homework.

•+•+•

"Alex, wake up now," A warm voice said while the person it belonged to rubbed her back.

She shook her head and swatted at the hand on her back.

"No, go away. I want to sleep," She whined,

"Alex, come on, you're late," the voice continued,

Alex ignored the voice until a hand was brought down on her head. The noise of his hand against her head scared Pottery Barn who ran out of the room,

"Ow! The hell dad!" She screamed getting up out of her chair, "You didn't need to to hit me, you know I would've woken up soon enough!" Alex huffed rubbing her head,

"Don't give me an attitude, Alex, get ready it's raining so you have to take the bus," Her fathers voice lost the warmth that once encompassed it.

He left the room shutting the door behind him and leaving for work.

Alex got up slowly moving into the connected bathroom, showering and brushing her teeth before coming back out and putting on a pair of pink skinny jeans and green shirt.