chapter one

1 Month Before
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒

1 Month Before𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒

𝑟𝑖𝑘𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑎 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠

    "Steve, I swear if you make Soda spill his water all over me, I will kill you!" I joked. I sat on the couch between Dallas Winston and my younger brother Pony as my twin brother and his best friend Steve messed around in front of us.

Soda had a full glass of water in his hand. Steve kept punching his sides and arms to get him to spill it all over me, which I asked him not to, but I knew it was going to happen anyways.

I was sort of stuck where I was sitting. Dally has his legs resting on top of mine and Pony's laps. Dally's feet didn't smell the greatest, but because of being stuck around these smelly boys all the time, I was used to it.

   Suddenly, the cold water that used to be in the cup was now dripping down my face. I looked up in shock, though I knew it was coming. Dally quickly swung his feet onto the ground.

     He knew what was coming. I leaned up from the couch and charged towards Steve. Sodapop quickly backed off and took my spot on the couch.

     I rammed my head into Steve's stomach, placing my arms around him and trying to shove him back. Instead, he placed his arms around me and threw me over his shoulder.

     I let out a small squeal, starting to laugh. Steve dropped me into the arm chair and started to tickle my sides. I started to kicked my feet to try to get him off of me, still laughing.

    This was just about an everyday occurrence. Every day after school, after work, the gang would come over and have dinner with us, and whatever.

    They all basically lived here. We always kept the doors unlocked. The whole neighbor hood knew that. There'd always be someone knew sleeping on our couch in the morning.

    I would always be the first one up, so I'd make a nice meal for whoever slept on our couch and got a nice warm shower for them.

     I was always caring like that. You never know what anyone is going through, so why treat them like dirt?

    The gang were my friends. I didn't have any friends of my own, really. I had one though. His name is Dash. We've been friends since we were kids. He was three years older than me, but he was in the same grade. He turned 18 last year, dropped out of school, and followed his dads footsteps into the army. I haven't seen him since.

     I got along with everyone mostly. I even got along with some Socs who did t think they were better than everyone.