chapter eight

25 days before
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

25 days before𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

𝑟𝑖𝑘𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑎 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠

   I walked into the lunchroom alone, scanning the tables to see who I could sit with. I saw Samantha and Josephine sitting with Austin and Luke. Freddie wasn't there today.

    The girls gave me sorrow looks while Austin glared at me. It was like Austin took control of them all, and I felt terrible.

   "Rikella! Over here!" I heard a voice yell to me. I looked around to see who was yelling. I saw Sylvia sitting on top of her usual table.

     My nerves took over. I gave her a small smile, and she waved me over to her. I took a deep breath and walked over.

    "Hey girl, how are you?" I sweetly asked her. She let out a laugh, which made me very uncomfortable. She took the lollipop she had in her mouth and held it to the side.

     "I'm alright. How's Dally been?" She questioned. I wanted to flip out on her. It took a lot to keep myself from screaming about how poorly she treated the boy, but I didn't.

    "He's alright," she stayed silent and nodded. She looked around.

     "Great to see he's doing alright," she rudely said. I bit my tongue. She shouldn't have cheated on him multiple times in the first place. She turned back to me, "need somewhere to sit?"

    I nervously nodded. There was an empty seat beside her. She placed her foot on it, scratching the chair with her heel.

    She gave me a sarcastic grin, "that sucks. Hopefully you find somewhere."

    I looked at her dumbfounded before forcing a fake smile on my face.

    "Yeah, me too..," I trailed off. I turned around while her and her friends laughed at me. My face turned red with anger. I hated that girl so very much.

After school, I walked to my car alone and waiting for Ponyboy. It was another nice day out, so I decided to put the top down on my car.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Dally waiting at Sylvia's car again. I wondered why he was still meeting up with her, but it wasn't any of my business.

"Hey, Dal," I called out. His head bolted towards me. He sent me a nod, yet stayed silent and turned back around. I furrowed my eyebrows and spoke up again, "how has your day been?"