chapter five

28 days before
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

28 days before𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

𝑟𝑖𝑘𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑎 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠

"Rikella, this is Austin, Freddie, and Luke," Samantha spoke as her and Josephine dragged me to their lunch table. I didn't feel like ditching today, so we all stayed at school and ate.

They introduced me to their three friends, who I never really talked much to before. I didn't have an opinion on any of them because I hardly knew them. I did know that Luke was Josephine's older brother.

I also knew that Austin used to be one of Bob's best friends. He was the only one of the group that didn't affiliate with Bob and Randy's shenanigans.

As I took a seat between the two girls, Austin kept his eyes on me. Honestly, I was a little freaked out, but I was a greaser hanging out with Socials. Why wouldn't they be staring.

"Hi," I nervously said. I threw my brown paper bag on the table that was full of my lunch.

"You're Rikella Curtis, right?" Austin questioned. His voice had a rough tone to it. He was intimidating.

"Um, yeah," I responded. I furrowed my eyebrows. He slightly laughed, looking to the side and clenching his jaw. He leaned forward on the table.

"Your little friend Johnny killed my best friend."

Suddenly, someone spoke up from behind me which caused me to jump.

"Yeah, well your little friend Bob almost killed her brother and Johnny," the voice snapped. I looked behind me seeing Dally standing there. I quickly got up from my seat and pushed the boy who was heated backwards.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused. He was literally everywhere I was, it was weird.

"I need your keys," he sighed. He placed his hand on his head and ran a hand through his hair.

"They're in my locker," I said, "let's go."

I said goodbye to the girls, grabbing my lunch bag from the table. As the two of us walked out of the lunch room, I heard Dally's stomach growl. I shoved the bag into his chest.

"What's going on, Dally? Why do you need my car?" I asked. I looked up at him. He shrugged.

"It's not important," he growled, shoving my sandwich into his mouth. I sighed and stopped at my locker. He followed my actions. He leaned against the locker beside me.

"Come on, Dal, why can't you tell me anything?" I snapped, "we used to be close. You used to tell me everything. Ever since you and Sylvia got together, we barely talk and when we do, we argue."

I slowly put my combination in. I heard my locker click. The threw the door open and grabbed my bag. I rummaged through it trying to find my keys, throwing random papers I had in there into the bottom of my locker. I heard him speak up again.