chapter ten

24 days before
Wednesday
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑒𝑛

24 days beforeWednesday 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑒𝑛

𝑟𝑖𝑘𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑎 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠

    "Are you sure this is okay? I'm not going to get in trouble, will I?"

     It was early Thursday morning. The whole gang was at the house, and were trying to get me to skip school so we all could go somewhere, but I didn't want to get in trouble.

     Darry nodded at me, standing in front of me on the couch. He had his hands on his hips, staring at me in disbelief.

"I, I'm, I'm literally standing here, begging you to come! Your older brother, your legal guardian. Yes it's okay! You're not going to get in trouble!" Darry yelled at me.

My eyes went wide, but then they softened. I knitted my eyebrows together, "what about school though?"

The room filled with groans, except for Two-Bit beside me who could hardly hold his laughter in.

"After my gas leak yesterday, the school said it won't count against you if you don't show up," he said. I looked at him with a grin.

"Oh come on, it couldn't have been that bad," Dally differed. I turned to him with my eyebrows raised.

"Why do you think they sent us home early, huh?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes at me, quickly turning away. I kept quiet.

"Any more questions there, Miss. Innocent?"

A grin formed on my face. I looked at my older brother and nodded.

"Can I invite someone?" Darry furrowed his eyebrows, but nodded. Little did he know who was going to join us.

"Rikella, I can't believe you made me ride down here with Darry! Oh my gosh, I was so nervous and awkward!" Maisie whisper yelled to me.

    We ended up at our old camp that was around an hour or so out of town. It was a warm day, surprisingly, so Darry decided to take us to go swimming at camp.

I had to drive Steve, Soda and Two-Bit down, while Johnny and Pony went with Dally. The only place open for Maisie to sit was with Darry. It may or may not have been planned out between the boys and I.

I turned to her with a shrug after digging out a few floaties from my trunk.

"But by the end of the day, something's gonna happen. I can feel it in my bones," I spoke, placing my hand on my heart. Maisie sent me a playful glare. I laughed. I grabbed one floatie from the ground and threw it to her. She caught it, "now, can you help me take these over please?"

She nodded and laughed. The boys had already ran into the trailer that sat on the camp ground, leaving the two of us to get everything.

This camp was literally the most beautiful place ever. Our trailer sat on a hill. You could see the city lights in the far distance, along with the beautiful landscape.