chapter two.

The moment she stepped inside the room, she knew it would be the end of her.

"I'm sorry I'm late," it was almost muffled as she could no longer raise her tone. Lowering her head down, she stared at the beige-tiled flooring.

"This is your first day of work and you're already showing that kind of action. This is intolerable," the manager of the restaurant said with full authority.

"I'm very sorry Ma'am, I just had some errands to run that's why—"

"Enough with excuses. The next time you'll be late, you'd be fired without pioneering notice," the manager even rolled her eyes before she walked out of the room.

On the other hand, Yuqi let out a sigh of relief. Knowing that this was her first mistake, a second one will no longer suffice. She can't afford to lose her job; this is the only way in order for her to survive. She's living all by her own and she has tons of bills to be paid. Where would she get money if she doesn't have a work?

Yuqi put her backpack down as she looked at the mirror in front of her. Her face was all bare; as she doesn't need any colors on it. Just a waste of money, she thought of.

She was about to unzip her backpack when she noticed that it was already opened. A small crease formed on her forehead and so, she immediately checked upon her things if she did lost anything but before she could even do that, the room's door flew open—in which a co-worker of hers showed up.

"Manager is calling out for you,"

Thumping of heart was inevitable. She thought it was already forgiven. That she could continue to work in here.

"Why?"

"Beats me. All she said was, you must hurry out,"

As per Soojin—as what Yuqi remembered that's the name—she should immediately go to the lobby in which she followed suit.

To her surprise, Manager Min's presence is nowhere to be found. Instead, she traced up her direction towards an unknowingly familiar person. No, it wasn't just familiar, but very familiar.

For sure, he's a celebrity, Yuqi had thought. Basing upon his appearance, he was oozing with charisma to which a celebrity emits. He also has a god-like feature; an aesthetic man in front of her.

"Hi,"

Startled, Yuqi blinked her eyes in three consecutive times. Her feline-like eyes blurted an O shape, following an immediate heaving of her breaths as, "Uhh... yes?"

"Where's Manager Min?"

"Uhh... I don't know," she stammered, "I was called out that I should be here because she's waiting for me but then—"

"Yuqi,"

Upon hearing the stiffening authoritative voice, Yuqi immediately turned to face Manager Min.

"Yes, Manager,"

"I called out for you because I'll be giving a big project. Think of this as a consequence for your tardiness. If this project succeeded, you'll be surely rewarded. I'm entrusting this to you, see to it that you won't let me down."

She swallowed a bile in her throat as her stomach churned up. This is only her first day of work and yet she'll be handling a big project already. For her, it was too much. Thinking about the possibilities, she couldn't grasp the thought of having such thing.

"Anyway," the manager said, "this project is intended for a birthday celebrant. We're lucky that Mister Jeon chose our restaurant,"

"Serves well for whom serves the best, Manager Min," he flashed a smile, "your location is the best out of all the choices. I didn't hesitate," he smiled again, "because this isn't actually for me but for a special person that's close to my heart."

"Oh... your girlfriend perhaps?" Manager Min probed with a knowing smile.

"It isn't," Jungkook laughs, "it's a friend." 

an// hello,, everyone!! It has been a while, isn't it? I missed writing in wattpad hehe. Been busy for the past two years, gladly am back for now!! If you noticed, my writing style has changed a lot. That is because for the last update, up until yesterday, I didn't write anything i focused myself in my studies. I actually forgot how to you know... Give flowery words! Haha! But anyway, i updated because i badly wanted to finish this! It has been a dream hehe

Corona virus is spreading guys, please do stay safe!! Disinfectant are highly recommended. Always wash your hands and eat healthy foods like fruits and vegetables. Then vitamin C. 

That's all guys! I was actually glad that there were few people who added this to their reading list, it was so sweet of youuuu and to @jognins who actually commented requesting for an update, i was really glad about it. The fact that someone is reading this, is already a huge thing. A big hugs to all of you guys!! 💜