Chapter 6 Pt. 1

Casey's POV

I got to my room and walked in sitting my food on the counter. I took a nice and long bath getting out puting on an Ivy Park sports bra and some shorts, throwing my hair into a messy bun. I sat down on my bed eating my food watching re-runs of Martin. I was just finishing up when I got a phone call. I picked it up without looking at the caller I.D.

"Hello."

"Hey, Case what's up," I smiled knowing who it was.

"Hey Trey, what's up?"

"Nothing much, what are you doing?"

"Uh, right now I'm currently watching re-runs of Martin on TV."

"You sound sleepy."

"Yeah, I'm most likely gonna go to bed soon. The last half of my day hasn't really been the best."

"I'm sorry love, you wanna talk about it?"

"Nah, I'm good. Thank you though."

"Of course. You want me to stay up with you?"

"Don't you have a show to do or something?"

"Not tonight, but in a couple days I do. You should swing through."

"I don't know."

"Come on, you got to."

"You do realize that we just met today right?"

"And it feels like I've known you my whole life," I smiled hearing him say that.

"I'm glad you feel that way." There was a long pause after that. "I'll think about it and let you know."

"Sounds like a plan. You never answered my question though, love."

"I'm sorry, what was it?"

"I asked if you wanted me to stay up with you. I know you said you didn't wanna talk about what was bothering you, so we can talk about anything. Get to know each other a little more. I just don't want you going to sleep sad. "

"Aw, thank you Trey. That's super sweet. I would love that. One second though." I pulled the phone off of my ear hearing it beep, indicating that someone else was calling me. It was my on and off boyfriend Jason. I clicked over to quickly see what he wanted, hoping it wouldn't take long.

"Hello?"

"..."

"Hello?"

I got no answer. Just constant screaming and moaning from another female, yelling my "boyfriends" name. I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at it not believing what I was hearing. I did a small laugh and shook my head hanging up the phone, switching back over to Trey. I put him on mute, going to my messages too find Jason's name.

Casey: you're single😘
10:36 p.m.

Holding back the few tears that I didn't want to fall, I laid back down on the bed. Was I hurt? A little. Did I expect it? Kind of. Our relationship definitely wasn't where it used to be when we first met. I'm not sure any relationship stays the same after 3 years of being together. Truth be told I had already fallen out of love with Jason a long ass time ago. I guess he felt the same. I just didn't expect this. I'm definitely not gonna stress over it though, I have too much on my plate as it is to add on something else.

I got myself together and took Trey off mute, resuming our conversation.

"Hey sorry about that, that was my sister calling."