Chapter One

Ariel's POV

Ariel moans as she starts to wake up, feeling the pain through out her entire body.

"Where am I?" She mumble and she struggled to a sitting position.

She looked around only to see she was lying in the middle of a dirt road in a forest. She had no clue where she was or how she got there. But one thing was certain, she was finally out of that hell hole and she needed to find one of the only people she new she could trust... Gandalf.

She slowly got to her feet and looked down at herself. She was still naked and could see all the scares bruises and dress lacerations covering her body. Ariel started shaking, remembering some of the horrific torture she had endured at the hands of Saruman. She couldn't believe her had betrayed them. Ariel heard the sounds of hooves and the crunching of sounds of wheels on a wagon. She panicked and quickly stumbled towards a bush close to the side of the dirt road.

The wagon came into view and Ariel could see the only one person. A little old lady. Ariel continued to shake and the pain was getting worse, becoming unbearable. She had one choice, if she didn't act know she was sure she would pass out and possible die from her wounds. Ariel tried to take a deep breath only to start coughing uncontrollably. She stumbled out of the bush collapsing just a few steps in front of the house. Ariel couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. She could feel herself starting to faint. She heard the wagon stop and the sounds of footsteps near right before everything completely faded away.

....

Ariel startled awake, her wounds throbbing at the sudden movement. She hissed from the pain when a voice called out to her, "careful sweetheart or you'll reopen your wounds" said the old lady softly. Ariel looked at her in shock. The little old lady gently helped her to lay back down. "My names Maggie, you stumbled out in front of my horse and passed out. You gave me a fright with all these wounds. I've done my best to treat them all but I was a bit limited in what I could do. I know it's none of my business but what happened to you love?" Maggie said seeing the startled look on Ariel's face. "I'm sorry Maggie, there's not a lot I can tell you without putting you in danger. You've shown me great kindness helping a stranger like this. I will never be able to express just how great full I truely am but I need to be going. There's someone I have to find and it can't wait" said Ariel as she tried to push herself back up but struggled before being pushed back down by Maggie. "Your not going anywhere right now. It's night and you need rest. Those wound will be the death of you if you going running off in the night right now. For now rest and the morning you can continue on your way much to my displeasure" said Maggie as she pulled a blanket over Ariel before turning back to a small fire that was keeping the pair warm.

...

The sun came up shining bright on the pair. Ariel was the first to wake. Looking to the side she saw the elderly women was still fast asleep. Ariel noticed some folded cloths beside her that Maggie must of placed there last night. She dressed with great difficulty because of her wounds then looked around to see they were on the side of the dirt road she first woke up on. Ariel looked at Maggie one last time before setting off down the road. She knew there was no time to waste, she must worn Gandalf before it's to late.

...

Ariel stumble down the road trying to ignore the pain she was in or the hungry she felt. She heard the sound or branches breaking and something rolling down the hill beside the dirt road. Just as she looked up bodies came tumbling down onto her. She cried out in pain. The bodies on top of her quickly got off apologising all at the same time. She looked up to see 4 small boys starring at her. One of the boys held out a hand to help her up. She struggle to stand even with his help. When she was finally steady on her feet she looked at the boys again only to noticed they weren't boys at all, but 4 young hobbits stood before her. "Are you ok my lady?" Said one of the hobbits with dark curly hair. Ariel smiled softly to the hobbit "yes I think so, just kinda surprised me to have 4 hobbits all of a sudden fall on top of me". The dark haired hobbit watch the 3 other hobbits run off to some mushrooms by the side of the road, when he looked back at Ariel he saw she was bleeding "oh no miss your bleeding". Ariel looked to were the hobbit was looking to see one of her wounds bleeding through her cloths. Before she could answer a strong cold breeze past by the 2 causing them to shudder.