Chapter Five

The fellowship has made it off the mountain and are now walking along a clif side when gimili speaks up with a gasp "the walls of Moria. Everyone looks up at the side of the mountain across the lake. The hobbits and everyone else has already started to warm up but Ariel is still shaking. The cold from the snow still lingering. She keeps her arms around her self as she follows everyone, who a beginning to make there way along the side of the lake.

Aragorn see's Ariel struggling and falls back beside her. He takes off his coat and wraps it around her shoulders. Ariel looks up and smiles at him with a faint reddening to her cheeks. He continues to walk beside her while watching over the hobbits in front of them. Ariel looks down mentally scolding herself 'get it together Ariel. He's just being nice. Your part of the group. Your nothing special'.

They have finally made it to the other side of the lake all looking up at the wall. Ariel hears the splash of water and looks over to see frodo had slipped and his foot landed in the watch. She walks over to him offering her hand to help him up. He smiles at her gently, then continues to hold her hand and lead her closer to the wall and away from the lake.

Ariel's finds a spot to sit against a tree. She takes a deep breath, trying to feel out her surroundings. She shivers more, not from the cold but the evil, hate and anger she feels. She can't tell where it's coming from though.

Legolas see's Ariel focusing so he slowly walks up to her. "This place does not feel safe. Can you sense what it is?" He asked. She looked up at him disappointed in her self "no I can tell. It feels overwhelmingly of fear, evil, anger. Everywhere. There's so much that I can't focus enough on it, sorry" she looks down at her hands.

Legolas kneels down and puts his hand on her shoulder causing her to look up. "We elves can sense many things in nature, but they do not speak to us as clearly as they do you. Maybe the nature around us here is suffering to much to communicate clearly to you. Don't doubt yourself. You will get better at connecting with them". She gives him a slight smile then goes back to meditating, trying to connect closer with everything around her.

She is completely oblivious to everyone around her. She can hear a voice. It's calling out to her. She can't manage to hear it clearly but it sounds frantic. Ariel begins to get more worried, when she is snapped out of her connection by Aragorn shaking her shoulder. "They got the door open, we must keep up" he says holding his hand out to her.

Aragorn helps her to her feet but notices she is looking around alarm. "What's wrong?" He ask's. She looks back at him "I could here a voice but I couldn't make out what she said. But she sounded scared. Almost frantic, as if she was trying to warn me. I think we should get out of here quickly". He nods to her and grabs her hand, pulling her along with him as they catch up to the others who are about to walk into the entrance.

Ariel and Aragorn walk up beside Legolas, who looks down at Ariel sensing her distress. She gives him a small nod and they all look forward as Gandalf lights the way with his staff. Gimili was already saying "soon master elf you will enjoy the hospitality of the dwarves,Rawring fires and malt beer. Red meat off the bone". Legolas and Ariel grimace at the mention of eating meat.

As the light shines brightly, lighting up the room they are all shocked by what they see. Ariel closes her eyes and starts to focus trying to feel what happened but is shocked to hear the voice again. It's frantic and loud. Some type of other language. Boromir pipes up alarmed "this is no mine...it's a tume". Right as he says this Ariel here's the voice utter two word she understands 'FRODO.....WATER!' Ariel gasps loudly, her eyes fling open as she says with alarm "FRODO".

They all whip around right as a tentical grabs his leg and drags him out side back to the lake. Boromir, Legolas and Aragorn go running out after him. Ariel hesitates, frozen by fear. The memories of pain flashing through her minds.

Ariel feels a tingle start beneath he skin when a voice says in barely a whisper "move my child". This snaps Ariel out of her fear. She grabs her sword and runs out to help, ignoring Gandalf cries for her to stay.

Ariel looks up to see them battling a giant monster siting out of the water. Tanticals flying everywhere. She can tell they are struggling to fight it off and to reach Frodo.  Boromir Get's himself right below where Frodo is being held up. Aragorn stabs the tentical cause the monster to look at him.

Ariel becomes terrified and angry. With out realising she's doing anything, the monster starts screeching and shacking in pain from her anger towards it. It drops Frodo and Boromir catch's him.

They begin to make there retreat but Ariel is lost in her anger that she doesn't notice them run past. Aragorn turns and see's Ariel hasn't followed. He runs back and grabs her waist pulling her back. This snaps Ariel out of her trance. The monster now freed of pain turns to lunge at them but Aragorn yells out to Legolas.

Legolas see them running for the entrance with the monster coming after them. He lets off an arrow, landing it the monsters eye. They all make it into the mine but the monster is still following. The guys are trying to fight it off but it's not working.

Ariel looks around frantically. She looks up and sees a rock wedge in a crack of the roof. She calls out to Legolas and point to the rock. Legolas lets off and arrow, knocked the rock loose. This brings down the entrance, effectively blocking off the monster from them, but also trapping them in the mine.

Everyone tries to catch there breath. Ariel turns to Legolas "what was that thing?" He looks at her and replies "that was a crackin". Boromir interrupted "What where you doing? How did you manage to hurt it like that?" Ariel looks at him confused. She didn't do anything...at least she doesn't think so.

Gandalf speaks up, stopping Boromir's questioning "we have now but one choice. We must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard, The are older and Fowler things then orcs in the deep places of the world" he says as he steps past everyone, leading them with the light of his staff.

Everyone starts to follow. Aragorn steps up to Ariel, placing his hand on her lower back to encourage her to move along with him. He tries to keep her close to him as he notices she is extremely jumpy in the darkness.

"Do not fret Ariel. We are all here with you" he says gently. "She looks at him as the fear within her grows worse by the second "but the orcs....what if they get me again....I can't....I can't go through that again" she says looking down.

Aragorn steps closer and raises her head so he can look her in the eyes. "I will not let them, I'm right here" he says grabbing her hand and squeezing it comfortingly. Ariel puts her other hand around the upper part of his arm and pulls herself close up against him. She leans her head on his shoulder and whispers thank you as he starts to lead her along with the group, not letting her go for a second