Chapter Four

It was early morning. Ariel felt someone gently shaking her awake. She opens her eyes and see's Arwen smiling gently towards her. Ariel sits up and stretch's gently still feeling some soreness. Arwen says "it's time to get up little sister. We need to get you ready for departure" she looks down slight sad. Ariel got out of bed and walked over to her sister "what's wrong? Why do you look sad?".

Arwen looks up into Ariel's beautiful white eyes. She push's some of the hair out of her face to see her clearly. "I'm just slightly sad to see you leave so soon. We have missed you so much. All the years thinking we had lost you for ever. You are finally standby before me. You are no longer the little baby I held in my arms. You have grown so much but you are still so small. I worry for you. You have no idea how to fight or defend your self" she states.

"Don't worry sister. Farther started helping me connect with the gift the spirits of natured have gifted me. I feel so much more connected to everything around me. I will not fall so easily. But I must go. I feel deeply that I will be needed and staying here will only bring danger to Rivendell before the elves depart" Ariel says taking arwen's hand in her's, squeezing reassuringly.

Arwen smiles at Ariel before picking up so cloths she had brought with her, handing them to Ariel. Ariel looks at them. First she thought It was a beautiful elvish dress but once she holds them up she realises they are cloths fit for travel and fighting if it comes to that.

Ariel quickly changes and Arwen guides her to the table so that she could fix her hair. She makes a braid at the top of her hear pulling her hair to sit atop her head falling to one side and the. Flowing freely down that back. When Arwen is finished she puts her hands on Ariel's shoulders, smiling down at her.

They here a knock at the door. Ariel calls for who ever it is to enter. Her two older brothers enter. They see there youngest sister already dressed and ready to set off. They both walk up to her and start adding some arm guards to he wrist and fastening a dagger to her thigh and a beautiful elvish sword to her back. They explain that because of her size it was easier for her to have it on her back and not her hip so that she could run without being tripped up.

Ariel looks at them all shocked "but I don't know how to use them". Arwen begins to lead her out of the room with three brothers following close behind "no not worry. Legolas will be there to train you. Father has already spoken with him".

They finally make it to the meeting spot, right before the bridge. Lord Elrond steps towards his daughter. "All of your belongings have been pack and place on bill. I see my boys have given you my fathers sword. It will help you greatly on your journey. I have one last piece to give you before you depart".

He pulls out a beautiful chain style crown that he places on her forehead fastening it in the back of her braid so that is does not fall off."your mother had this made for you. She enchanted it over the years in the hopes that one day you would wear in and it would help keep you safe" Ariel reaches up gently touching it. A tear gathers in her eye. "We are all so proud of you little one. Be safe" he says before hugging her. Ariel turns to her sibling hugging each of them before walking over to the rest of the fellow ship.

Ariel stands beside Gandalf as Aragorn steps up slightly behind her. They all begin to walk over the bridge and away from Rivendell. Ariel walks beside Legolas watching as Frodo and Gandalf lead the group from the front. She can feel someone watching her but doesn't dare look to see who it is.

Legolas addresses her "lord Elrond wish's for me to teach you the way of the elves. There is a lot but I will do my best when ever I can. I'm not sure how much help I will be with the rest but I will be there to watch over you when you meditate. I will keep you safe." Ariel looks to Legolas "thank you Legolas. I know we won't always be able to find for practice but I will do my best. I very much appreciate all the help you are willing to give me. I think one of the first things I need to learn though is how to use this sword. Father says it belonged to his father, my grandfather. I feel almost connected to it already." She smiles t him as he nods. They continue to talk as they walk along with the group.