Separated

(FrostNova POV)

Mephisto already launched his attack on Rhodes Island when I got there. He wielded our soldiers as mere pawns and it was getting to my nerves. My Yeti squad were all close friends of mine. Friends that I made through... Another close friend, though he is already gone. I closed my eyes and clenched my fist as I recall how helpless I was to stop that incident. But I am different now, I am stronger.

Opening my eyes, I began to resume what I was asked to do by Talulah. She specifically sent me to help Mephisto because of his...methods. Though he seems more ruthless than usual, what did they do to make him this mad? Oh well not that I care, but Talulah said a girl with silver hair, similar to her right? I asked myself as I glanced over Rhodes Island. I saw them struggle against Mephisto's attacks. It's better off if we exterminate them here, after all, they are traitors to us infected.

But even if that was the case, I wouldn't be as foolish as him to just completely waste our people. I know how he handles our comrades, he handles them like mere pawns on a chessboard ready to be discarded. He wants to act like a leader, yet he does these types of things. Sigh, He is more of a tyrant than a leader at this point. Let's get this mission done so I can receive my reward from Talulah.

"Frost, are you ok?" A feminine voice said behind me. I turned around to face another masked Reunion member, but this time I know she is different. A colleague, the second in command in my squad her name is Laura. She placed her hands on her waist and even through the mask I can feel that she is frowning at me. " You need to be focused more you know? Or Talulah might kill both of us. Lets quickly find that girl so we can go home, pwease~~"

A smile slowly formed on my face as I watched her do those cute things. "I know, we will get started." I glanced around the Rhodes Island members and I saw their leader and a masked man? Their leader, Amiya, a cautus (A/N: that's the name of the species with bunny-like features.) like me and also an infected; but why are we fighting each other? I narrowed my eyes as I continue to stare at her. We should be fighting side by side! This is why I hate Rhodes Island, they say they fight for us infected when in fact they are simply suppressing us even further... Mhmm? But that masked man, why does he seem familiar? Do I know you? No, probably not, considering you are my enemy. And I am sure I don't have friends apart from my Reunion comrades and especially not a Rhodes Island operator.

It wasn't the time for this anyways. I found a girl that resembled the one Talulah described earlier. From the looks of it, she is a medic from her armband.  Raising my hand the temperature around us began dropping, unlike Talulah's flames that burn everything, I freeze everything around me. Mephisto looked toward me and an audible tch was heard. I gave him one of my smug smiles. I heard him say "you never let me have fun..", I would but it affects his work drastically. Now then, to finish this pointless struggle. I slammed my hand down—

———————————————————————————-----------------------------------------
(Doctor POV)

During the time we regrouped with Nearl, they were already under attack by what looked like a Reunion ringleader. We didn't have time for formalities as the situations were dire and it got worse. Mephisto was the name of the kid in front of us, we were struggling in the first few moments of the fight but as soon as I got used to his tactics I was able to create counters to it. He treated the battlefield like a chessboard and plays with the rules of it, so all I needed was to break the rules.

"You, all of you are part of Rhodes Island right? A pharmaceutical company like written on the records." Positioning his hands behind his back, he gave us a psychotic smile.

"Hey!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I glared at him through my visor. "Were Reunion that desperate that they had to recruit a child as commander?" I placed my wrist on my hips and waved my other hand. If he is pissed off then I could make a counter-attack on his childish nature. As he got more hostile, the surrounding temperature has started dropping to the point that I could feel the cold through my thick jacket. Looking around my operators are getting affected by this too.