𝟖. 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞

I had all and then most of youSome and now none of you

Some and now none of you

Take me back to the
night we met
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄

WHEN KATERINA CABRERA FIRST MET RANSOM DRYSDALE, he was nothing short of a complete asshole. He flirted aimlessly and got what he wanted – a true spoiled brat. She was the first girl he ever encountered that simply shrugged him off and told him to ‘get lost’. From that moment, he was infatuated with her.

Katerina remembered how he’d walk her to Lindas office after parking in front of their house. She was too busy focusing on her internship with Linda to be concerned with her son. He had asked her out on multiple dates and she shot him down every single time. She remembered how her friends discouraged her from falling for him. Like them, she was under the notion that Hugh Ransom Drysdale was nothing but a trust-fund prick. But sometimes – and it was rare, she promised herself – she found herself enjoying his company.

It would be as she was walking from Linda's office back to her car. She would drop her books and files and like a scene straight out a movie, Ransom would materialize out of nowhere and help her pick up her belongings.

Often, she would be at a party of Linda's. Business associates gathered together. Mrs Drysdale would chat to her friends, engaging in deep conversations about their high salaries, effectively leaving Katerina stranded and alone. Ransom would wave away at his friends as he took the empty spot next to her on the wall.

“I hate that Mr Dawson.” He muttered to her.

“You don’t even know him?” Katerina tilted her head.

“No, but you do. I saw him try grope your ass from over there.” Ransom smirked as he took a sip from his champagne glass.

“And how would you know that?” The Cabrera girl asked, casting her eyes to the side and shaking her head. Ransom could see the shape of her face like a silhouette. It gracefully moved up and over her cheek bones then slanted sharply at her mouth.

“Every time you leave after a conversion with him, you have a little crease between your brows.” She frowned at his words.

“I do not.” The Cabrera woman scoffed. A smile flashed across her face from beneath reems of hair. It created slight dimples and creases that moved her freckles. Even though it was gone quickly, it was still there.

Ransom only chuckled, pointing at her face. “See! Right there!”

Katerina could only laugh in return, pushing him away. “You have it, too.”

Ransom frowned, mockingly. “Ah! Right there!”

"Sure, okay." She responded, taking a deep breath before saying, "Why don't you go back to flirting with some nineteen year old who you're gonna' bed tonight."

"Why would I when I'm talkin' to you?"

Katerina remembered months after his constant ‘courting’ of her, he showed up to her small apartment. It was in the middle of a Friday night – Marta had left earlier that night – and it was pouring. He was soaked from the rain and he gave her a sluggish smile and held out a bouquet of Transvaal Daisies, her favorite flower. Just as she was about to slam the door in his face, he stopped it.

“Why don’t you want me?” He asked her and for a second, he sounded hurt. Katerina scoffed in response as she tried to pry his hands off from wood of the door. “Seriously,” Ransom continued, “I’m trying.”

“You’re trying?” She laughed, coldly. “You’re borderline stalking me, Hugh.” He cringed as his first name left her mouth. “Look..." She spoke as she released a heavy sigh. "I don't fit into your life, just as much as you don't fit into mine. Leave it alone, Ransom. Leave me alone.”

Ransom frowned. “My life?”

“Yeah. Like how you have brunch at the country club or how much your buddies praise you once you announce to the world you got me in bed? How ‘bout you just tell your friends you bagged me and leave me the fuck alone!”

Ransom shook his head, a small smile creeping onto his. “I’m not playing a game. If anything, you are.”

“How am I playing a game?” She snapped.

“Because clearly, I like you and you just keep playing hard to get. But fine by me.” He coughed a bit. Katerina stopped trying to slam the door in his face – and possibly his hand – when she realized how pale he looked. “I’ll keep playing your game. I’ll keep putting in more and more effort ‘cause damn, you’ve got me under your spell.”

“Ransom…” Katerina muttered as he broke into a fit of coughs. “Oh god, come in.” She opened the door wide enough so that the man could come in. “Take off your clothes.”

“Woah, woah… I don’t know what you think of me, missy,” he laughed, “but I’m trying to take you out on a date first.”

“That’s a first, huh?” She teased.

“Believe it or not, yeah.”

“I’m trying to dry them, asshole.” Kat laughed as he shrugged off his coat.

He had the world fooled that he was a complete asshole, but the more she got to know him, the more Kat realized, it stemmed from his insecurities. His attitude was a defense mechanism because of how awful his family could be.

But with Katerina, he was different. He was kinder and softer. And the more he let her in, the more she fell in love with him.

The Ransom she fell in love with wasn’t a monster. Atleast she thought he wasn't.

𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 !
i'm so excited for the
next chapter !

𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 !i'm so excited for thenext chapter !