𝟗. 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭

Seeing you againWas the sweetest tortureI may ever know

Seeing you again
Was the sweetest torture
I may ever know.

Seeing you again
Made me wish
I'd never let you go.
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓

"HEY, FRANNY. HOW ABOUT A GLASS OF MILK?" Ransom spoke as he entered the living room. His shoes made a rhythmical noise against the hardwood floors as his entered the room, solid and regular like a soldier.

Katerina made her way towards the entrance of the room, standing beside Detective Blanc.

"Hey asshole, not her name, not her job."

His face was stern, yet peaceful with a smirk as he swung the packet of biscuits back and forth, before placing himself on one of the single chairs. "Hey Meg. How's the SJW degree comin' along?"

In that moment, all Meg could feel was hatred. It is the fuel that kept her heart pumping and brain ticking over. "Trust fund prick."

"All right, guys..."

A wizened face suddenly peered out from the hallway. The old man had a fringe of grey-white hair around his balding, mottled scalp. He had a kind face and a back slightly hunched.

"Hey, everyone! I'm just gonna' be in the other room setting up. Be ready in ten minutes." Kat had been expecting the croak of old age but Mr Stevens voice was more like a sergeant major, strong and distinctly upper class.

Walt suddenly spoke as he sat on the living room chair. His voice broke away as his chest heaved. "Funny, Ransom. You skip the funeral but you're early for the will reading."

"OK, people grieve in different ways let's not..."

"You know it's funny you're here at all, why are you even bothering that's what I'm wondering myself." Their heated quarrel continued. It was definitely a war of words and who can hurt the other one worse. Everyone at each others throats like savage hungry dogs fighting over dominance.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"He knows what it's supposed to mean." The older mans presence seemed to buzz around everyone like a fly that you can never swat. Every word, movement and breath he performed seemed to infuriate everyone in the family to no end.

"Jacob was in that bathroom the night of the party."

Joni turned to the teenage boy. "That's where you were all night!" She said with a small smirk and a flick of her blonde hair.

"What the hell were you doing in the bathroom all night?"

"Nothing!"

Jacob was a quiet boy, but not out of painful shyness. It was a reservedness, like a conscious choice to observe the lie of the land before he got involved. Yet he was often standoffish. Nevertheless, it wasn't like he sat down one day and planned to be like that, it was just the way he was.