July

July, the month of the fireworks. I'm just kidding, but the 4th of July is in like three days. Dad said he still needed time to get things settled at work, and the papers for the divorce still needed to go through. So, what I'm trying to say is we aren't leaving until maybe the middle of July.

He did find a house though. I also found out the job dad got is in Dripping Springs, Texas. So it's about double the size of my town, which isn't bad. It looked really pretty though, and it was a farm town area.

But, think of all the people I could meet. Maybe I could get over my fear of people. My anxiety could finally go away. It probably wasn't going to happen, but dreaming was never a bad thing. Maybe we could get a horse and live on a big ranch down there. That'd be nice.

I was just laying on my bedroom floor with my feet up on the end of my bed, daydreaming. Where we were going to live, what Chase and I were going to do down there, and all the restaurants. I hear on knock on my door and see my dad come in. "Hey, do you want to see the house I picked out?"

"Sure!" I said eagerly. I sat up and he handed me the laptop. it had only three bedrooms, and three bathrooms, but that meant none of us had to share. It had 1.89 acres of land, a barn, two small sheds, and a huge garage. It was different though. It had tile floors, not hardwood. There was carpet in the bedrooms, but then tile everywhere else. It was had one main floor and there were three main circle areas. It kind of looked like someone took three octagons and connected them together with rectangles. It was cool but way different.

The bedrooms were quite big, but the kitchen was small. The outside was a nice green color, not a bright green, but a darker, more rich green. It was a nice green, not going to lie. There was also some tan brick on the outside which went well with the green.

"So this is the one?" I asked dad.

He nodded his head. "Yeah, do you like it?"

I smiled. "Yeah, it's just a weird shape."

He stood up, took the laptop and walked out. I was hoping that maybe he would do renovations on it because the tile was super ugly. It's okay though, I was just glad that I could get a new fresh start somewhere else.

Later that night, Chase came into my room. "Hey, dad went to get something. He wanted me to tell you to start packing because we're leaving in two weeks. He got the house!"

I jumped up off my small twin sized bed. "No way!"

Chase smiled and shook his head. Then in that same second, his smile faded. "Chase, what's wrong?" I asked.

He came over and sat down on my bed. "I don't get to finish my senior year with my friends. Mom and dad are divorcing. It's all sinking in. Bexley, we're leaving."

I sat there in silence and took it all in too. I couldn't believe it hadn't hit me yet. I sighed and said, "I know, it's all going to be different. But we have each other. And maybe there will be new opportunities for us. We can meet new people. And maybe, you can have a better chance at getting a girlfriend." I playfully pushed him and laughed.

Chase's smile came back. "Yeah, maybe you're right. There will be new things down there. Senior year won't be too bad without my old friends."

He hugged me and left. I just sat there alone. Wow, it's actually happening. In two weeks, we were going to move. We were gone, out of this house. No one in my family will be living here, as mom is going to buy a smaller house. This house is a five bedroom, four bathroom house, and it's quit big. Three people don't need to be living here, so mom was moving out.

The next day came and it was a Saturday. Dad was working his butt off to get the house finished so they could get the most off it. Dad was going to get more though, since he mostly paid for the house when mom and him moved in. I was going to miss this place though.