new day

Hyejoo PoV

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping in the morning with the sun lighting up my room very brightly. I looked over to my nightstand and read the time on my clock

7:30

Oh.

CRAP

I ran out of my room and jolted down the stairs to be met with my mother

"Mum why didn't you wake me up!?"

"Oh I thought you already left for school sweetie"

"God I'm gonna be late!"

I marched back into my room and threw on my school uniform. I dashed out of the house once I washed up my face and brushed my teeth with my school bag in hand.

I was running as fast as I could until a car caught up to me and a person pulled down their window

"Need a ride?" She asked

I looked at them and smiled

"You're such a great friend Sooyoung"

She shivered "I'm not used to you giving me comments"
She opened the door

"Yeah don't be" I laughed as I got in

We arrived in school on time and I'm glad we did because I can't stand having to be in detention with Mr Kim.

As Sooyoung and I walked through the gate my eyes lingered on a small, short blonde girl. She had her clipboard and pen in hand but she looked so adorable in the school attire.

"Hey earth to Hyejoo?" Sooyoung was waving her hand in my face "Are you looking at Chaewon again?"

"What?" I didn't hear her

"Chaewon"

"Yeah right um no let's just go"
I shaked my head

Park Chaewon was a member of the student council, the sweetest girl on campus and my crush. she had golden hair that seemed so silky and smooth to touch that allures people into her. Her soft features and height made me weak to the knees which made me realise how too perfect of a human this girl was. It's not that I don't have a chance with her but I doubt that she did not do relationships because her friends, family and work always came first but why do I doubt? Well it's because she has rejected every single person that had confessed to her but she didn't reject them in a harsh way since she was too nice of a person to be mean to someone but actually gave them a reason to why she couldn't date them. I heard she said she couldn't fall in love with someone therefore she couldn't date someone she didn't love which was a reasonable answer.

"Hey Hyejoo are you listening to me?" Sooyoung looked at me in disbelief

"Yeah no I'm really tired"

She sighed "Well we're already in front of your locker so I'll see you later"

"Yeah sure"

She walked off and I was struggling to open my lock.

"Need some help?" A voice spoke behind me

I turned around to see the one and only Park Chaewon

"I'm good princess" I smiled

I also forgot to mention that she was my Childhood friend for many years

She giggled "Come on I know you literally always forget your code combination"

"No I don't"