0

Birmingham, 1919:

Small Heath was just as Elizabeth Marshall had expected. Dirty, small, and the smell of factory smoke in the grey clouds. As she looked around, she got many stares. A new girl, was not what any of them where expecting.

Elizabeth spotted a pub named The Garrison. As she walked inside a man doesn't even turn to look at her as he swept the floor and said "We're closed."

Not one to give up Elizabeth didn't leave, but instead she said, "I saw a job offer in the paper. And I am in need of a job. The ad said you needed help. And I am here to help."

The man turned to look at her. "No. You are to pretty to work here."

Insulted, Elizabeth said to the man, "So if I was ugly I would be hired?"

"No, I didn't mean it like that Miss. I meant the people here are not usually nice. Most might flirt with you or have you up against the wall and I will most likely not be able to help you. So if you cannot handle that. The job isn't for you. So, if you can. The job is yours." The man explained to Elizabeth.

"I worked at my Father's bar in London as a kid up until I was nineteen. I can handle flirting or sexist douchebags." Elizabeth says slightly smirking. "I can do the job."

"Then the job is yours Miss?" Said the barman.

"I'm Elizabeth Marshall. And you are?"

"Harry Fenton." The barmam replies. "You start tonight at 6:00 Elizabeth."

"I will be here then. Now I need so see my landlord. I will see ya at 6:00 Harry." Elizabeth says and leaves the restaurant.

"I hope she stays." Harry mumbles before going back to sweeping.