2

Eliza was poaring some whiskey into a cup for some of the men at the pub. When the door opened to show the Shelby brothers once again.

Tommy walked up to the bar while Arthur and John walked into the "Shelby Room."

"Hello Mr Shelby. What can I get you?"  Eliza asks.

"Whiskey." Tommy replies.

"Here you are Mr Shelby." Eliza said and passes him the glass.

A man walks up to Tommy, "Freddie." Tommy said his voice annoyed.

"Tommy." The man known as Freddie replies in the same tone. The men  start talking. Eliza walls away to clean a table but she overhears Freddie say, "I should've let you take the bullet in France."

"I wish you did sometimes." Tommy replies. Just as he said that a man comes in shouting things about the war. He was sounding absolutely terrified. The man knocked the table she just cleaned down.

Tommy and Freddie took him down and Tommy said, in the nicest voice he could say, "Danny. Danny your home. Your not in France."

The man, Danny, stopped fighting and Eliza grabbed a glass of water and helped him into a chair. She crouched down and looked him into the eyes. "Danny, do you have a wife and kids at all?" She asked and he nodded. "Okay. When you get like this again, think of them smiling up at you. Think of their faces and that will calm you down. Try that okay?"

He nods again. He looks up at Tommy, Freddie and Harry and starts apologizing and crying. Harry walks him out of The Garrison. Tommy turns to Eliza looking shocked. "How did you do that? You calmed him down when no one else could." Tommy questions her.

"I have a brother. His name is Peter. He was like that after the war. I would try and calm him down like that. It worked most times. After he got married it slowly stopped. He got better. It sometimes happens still, but rarely. You just gotta try to help even if it doesn't work you should still try." Eliza explained to Tommy.

"Just try to keep your distance when he is like that, he could get dangerous." Tommy says to Eliza and she nods.

Harry walks over, "Hey Eliza, can you clean up the mess as much as you can please?" Harry asks.

"Of course Harry." Eliza says and walks away, unknowing what will happen to Danny later that day.