4

After getting back from the store, Arthur and John helped bring in groceries, the trio lounged in the living room drinking some wine she had stored away.

"I now dub you, Elizabeth Marshall, a Shelby. Not related but still a Shelby." John says his hat on her shoulder as if knighting her. Arthur just watched from the couch, laughing at what was happening in front of him. John was acting like he did before the war. All carefree and childlike. All brought out again by this one lady.

"Come on. Let's celebrate the knighting of Eliza with a dance." Arthur joked as he spun her around making Eliza laugh.

John turned on the radio and Arthur and Eliza slow danced in the living room. After a song John tapped Arthur's shoulder and asks while bowing as a joke, "Mind if I cut in?" Arthur steps to the side watching them dance. Well, more like John stumbling and Eliza trying to teach him a bit.

The song ends and they all laugh once more. Looking at the clock they notice it is almost dinner time. "It's almost dinner time. Wanna join us?" Arthur asks.

"Well I'd be honored." Eliza says.  And they leave the house with Eliza locking up because you never know what will happen in this town.

Eliza Marshall was changing each of them. Completely oblivious to what she was doing, she was making them feel normal for the first time since the war.