𝐕𝐈𝐈.

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑: 𝐕𝐈𝐈

𝐄𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐱. She was hanging onto the doorway, swinging in and kicking Elle back into the wall.

In an instant, Elle started to draw the sword, only for Beatrix to shove her back once more. Danielle scrambled to her feet, knives in hand. Elle managed a hard hit to the side of Beatrix's head with the sheath. She tried to draw the blade again, but a kick from Beatrix stopped her.

Beatrix lunged, getting her against the kitchen island. Danielle made a move.

She sank the blade of one of her knives into Elle's shoulder, earning a cry of pain. Beatrix's eyes flickered to meet Danielle's, and a brief agreement fell over them.

The past aside for the moment, they would deal with Elle together.

Danielle tried to force the blade deeper as Elle blocked swing after swing from Beatrix. 
One hard punch managed to jerk her arm free, leaving her shoulder spurting red.

Beatrix got ahold of the TV antenna. She managed a snapping strike across Elle's face. A second. Elle fell backward into the counter again, giving Danielle the chance to catch a fistful of blonde hair, holding her back as Beatrix lunged. Elle pushed out wildly, sword held in two hands, Beatrix bracing herself on Elle's forearms.

Beatrix looked between her grip on Elle and Danielle.

Danielle struck.

She pulled hard at Elle's hair, jerking her so far backward she nearly fell ass-over-teakettle over the counter.

Then, Beatrix had her pinned, the flat of the still sheathed sword pressed to Elle's neck. Elle kicked out, landing a hit to Beatrix's knee. She stumbled but didn't fall.

Elle's head flew up too fast for Danielle to keep a good grip. She headbutted Beatrix in the nose. Hard. The blow sent her flying back. Elle straightened, pausing for only a second, looking between Danielle and Beatrix, figuring out who to attack.

It was a second too long.

Beatrix charged her. Elle kicked out, overestimating the amount of force needed. Both she and Beatrix toppled.

Danielle hopped over the counter. She planted a foot squarely on the center of Elle's chest.

Elle had other plans. She caught Danielle by the ankle and pulled. Danielle's back hit the floor, forcing the air out of her lungs.