𝐈𝐗.

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑: 𝐈𝐗

𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐳𝐨 𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬. Two tantō blades. Two guns. Danielle and Beatrix were more than prepared for a fight.

Not that Danielle truly intended to fight. Sure, she'd help Beatrix if things went south, but she wasn't going to go in guns blazing. 

Her hand rested on her stomach as she looked out at the landscape surrounding them. Palm trees and pale beige cliffs. Bill really knew how to live in style.

In the driver's seat, Beatrix's face was solemn. She was silent.

The villa was massive. The driveway was an arcing semi-circle of rocks. As Beatrix pulled up in front of the grand entranceway, a man came to park the car. Budd's sword strapped across her back and her knives on each of her hips, Danielle followed Beatrix to the door.

The villa's workers hardly paid them any mind. They didn't even seem to see the swords each woman carried. The receptionist was entirely pleasant as she gave them Bill's room number.

Beatrix drew her gun as they reached the door to the room. 101. Beatrix opened the door, getting the gun aimed, prepared to fire at anyone who was beyond it. Danielle drew her own gun, prepared, just in case.

An empty living room greeted them.

Beatrix stepped in, keeping to the wall in case anyone came from behind. Danielle took the other wall, scanning the room for exit points that Bill could have gotten out of. 

She gave Beatrix a stiff nod. The room was clear.

For now.

Bill's Hanzo sword was displayed on a counter.

Danielle's eyes lingered on it as she followed Beatrix around the room, coming past a bar toward an open door leading to a yard.

Beatrix was the first one to duck around the corner, staring out at the yard. When she went tense, Danielle followed suit, eyes widening as she realized.

A little girl. Four years old, by the look of it. Blonde, dark-eyed. Dressed in a nightgown. Holding a neon green toy gun, aiming at Beatrix with a smile.

"Freeze, mommy," she said.

"Bang, bang!" said Bill beside her, a bright red toy gun in hand, aimed at Danielle as he offered a smile.