Part Seven

I have 70 something comic books to catch up on, oops.

"I may have, er, jumped the gun when I volunteered to go first." Jason shrugged nonchalantly. "How does this work, exactly?"

"The way your dear X explained it was we each 'confess' two things, one is the truth and one is a lie. Everyone then has to guess what the truth is and what the lie is. Before, we were competing for freedom, but now..." Artemis trailed off. "Now, I guess we are competing for bragging rights?"

"Works for me." Jason nodded curtly. He rolled his shoulders back, popping his neck slightly. "Won't my brothers have a slight advantage?"

"Not if you think of something we don't know, Hood."

"Hmm, good point."

"I have those occasionally." Dick chuckled. "Now, get to confessing."

Jason looked around the group before adjusting his position again. "Alright, I'm ready. My confessions are as follow; I know why each member of the team has to live at the mountain and I'm the reason why one of you is here."

Everyone fell silent, mulling Jason's words over.

He...he can't possibly know all of our back stories, can he?

Why couldn't he? His brother knows our identities, its not that far fetched.

But if he does know why we are all here, did he cause one of us to be here?

No, because the rules state that one has to be a truth and one has to be a lie.

He could know the reason why one of us is here because he is the reason...

While the team was discussing their options through their mind link, Tim, Dick, and Damian stared cautiously at Jason, trying to read his body language for any indication as to what the correct answer was.

"Well? I'm waiting. And I don't hear much chatter over an answer." The smirk could practically be heard in his voice.

Wally turned to Dick. "We think the lie is that he is the reason that one of us is here. What have you three deduced?"

Dick gave his twin another once over. "The lie is that he knows why all of you live here."

"What? How do you know?"

"I know my twin, I know who he is, I know what he has done. That is the correct answer, is it not, Hood?"

Jason chuckled under his breath. "You know me too well, big brother."

"Who?"

"What?"

"Who did you put here?" Conner grunted.

"That isn't how this works, Superboy. We don't elaborate. Now, my turn is over. I nominate the speedster." Jason pointed at Wally as he spoke, who paled at the implication of what could be revealed. "And please, make it juicy."

Wally swallowed thickly, his hands beginning to shake. "I-uh...let me think..."

What should I say?! These guys are literal assassins!

So? We are the proteges of the JLA, we can take them.

Wally sighed, running his hand through his hair. "Okay, my confessions are that I am gay and...and the reason I'm here is because my father is abusive."

Everyone was silent, Wally's words sinking in. "KF...does- did your dad abuse you?"

"You have to take a guess first. Which statement is true and which one is false?" Wally chuckled but there was no humor in his laugh.

Tim looked over at the team, eyeing Wally carefully. "The lie is that you are gay."

"How did yo-"

"Your body language gave it away. The way you subconsciously wrung your hands when mentioning your father and you looked to the left when you mentioned you were gay." Tim shrugged.

Wally, what happened with your dad?

I don't want to talk about it.

I don't mean what happened WITH him I mean how did you end up here?

My uncle, Barry. He found out my dad was...was hitting me and brought me here. He got my dad arrested for child abuse and my mom was found incompetent, a way out for her being found guilty of neglect.

Wally, I'm so sorry. I know a thing or two about abusive parents.

"Okay, can we move on to someone else now?" Wally shifted his weight, keeping his eyes on the ground.

"I'll go, I guess." Kaldur spoke up. "Uh, my confessions are that my parents disowned me and that when I first came to surface world, I was not a good person...I stole to keep myself alive."

"Ooh, you are so bad! Stealing, Aqualad? How dare you!" Jason drawled. "You're looking at four people who have killed."

"Are you forgetting the part where he said his parents disowned him?" Artemis snapped.

"I guess my mind glazed over it, Blondie, sue me."

"Aqualad, my guess is your parents disowned you." Conner looked over at the team leader. "You are too good to have stolen."

"You would be correct, my friend."

"Why did they disown you?"

"Not now...Stray, your turn."

Tim nodded. "Alright, these are doozies. Prepare yourselves." Tim cleared his throat. "I never wanted to kill any of my targets and I am glad to be out of the League."

His brothers froze, eyeing each other. The team was stumped, glancing between each other.

"Well? No guesses?"

"My guess is that you are glad to be out of the League." M'gann spoke with confidence.

"And you would be wrong. I have never wanted to kill any of my targets. Sure, they were lowlifes, but death is too quick and easy a punishment for them. They deserve to suffer." Tim shrugged. "I am glad to be out of the League because they focused too much on killing when there are other, more effective ways to go about ruining someone's life."

"Damn, Stray, that got dark." Dick cleared his throat. "Miss Martian, I believe you are the only one from the team I have not heard from. Make a confession."

M'gann paused, thinking. "I am not a green Martian and I do not have a crush on someone on the team."

"Miss M, is it me?" Dick chuckled. "Just kidding, we all know you like Superboy. So, you going to reveal what you look like?"

"Wait, if you aren't a green Martian...what are you?"

"I'm a white Martian." M'gann sighed. "And I won't show you, not yet. Now, I believe it is Abyss' turn."

"Very well. My confessions are-"

The holographic computer lit up with Batman's face. "Team, the Justice League has need of you. Meet us at the location I just sent you."

"All of us? Including the newest members?"

"Yes. All of you." Batman grit out. "Now get over here."

The transmission cut out and left the team in silence.

"You heard the big Bat, let's get a move on." Dick stood up. "How do we get there?"

M'gann smirked. "Allow me."