Two

"Get up! Get up, get up, get up!" Sienna's voice rang out as she ran around her room with a childish grin across her face. I grunted as I sat up, rubbing my eyes, and looked over at Sienna. "What time is it?" I asked looking around the semi-dim room. "It's 6:45 in the morning, I got your toothbrush ready and everything now all you have to do is throw on these clothes." She said as she tossed a pair of grey sweatpants and a sweatshirt at me. "I don't wanna get ready." I groaned. "Well I already packed everything and we have to be on the trail by 7:15. We don't want to be late." she clicked her tongue. "Fair enough. Let's go!" I said getting up.

We walked out of the house at 7, much to my dismay, it was still dark out. Winter was upon us a lot quicker than we thought. "So we're all going to end up at the same spot, this trail leads to a meet-up point and everyone travels together after that." Sienna said as she checked her bag. "We already double-checked everything! Trust me, we're fine." I patted her on the back, she sighed and turned to me, "I know it's just...by midnight tonight our lives are going to change! I'm just nervous." I hugged Sienna tightly. "And I'll still be here for you no matter what, now, let's get going so we aren't showing up last to the meeting spot." I smiled at her.

A couple other wolves walked up behind us. We recognized them but didn't know them very well. They were just a couple snobby brats from our school. "Jack I'm exhausted already, can't we just drive? I mean look at that mountain!" The female wolf cried out. "God Bri do you ever stop complaining? I already had my father send others with us to carry our bags." The so called 'Jack' said sighing dramatically.

"Oh my! I didn't see you both there. You're here to carry our bags I take it?" Bri asked. Okay, what is happening? I feel like I'm losing brain cells. "Were going on the summit...we're carrying our own bags?" Sienna said but it came out more like a question. "Ohhh..." Bri said, a little disappointment in her voice, "Well um...I don't think you'll get very good-looking mates if Jack and I are here. I'm sorry." Oh okay, so this bitch is just really dumb. "Okay little miss money bags, why don't you kiss my-" I was pulled away by the collar of my shirt, interrupting my angry sentence, I looked up at Sienna.

"Just drop it Auggie, those people could pay for 5 of your funerals and it wouldn't make a dent in their bank account." She sighed. We both shifted into our wolf forms, it would be easier to carry our bags for such a long distance. "Damn Auggie, ill never get over how pretty Finn is.." Sienna said happily. Finn was my wolf, he has all-white fur and blue eyes. Finn never says much, so I wonder what'll happen tonight. "He's happy to hear you say that Si. He doesn't get compliments often." I laughed lightly.

~ time skip ~

The trail was uphill almost the entire way. I was panting heavily and stopped, "Si, please, are we almost there?" I asked as I laid down. "Yes! Now get up shit head we have at most 10 more minutes of walking." Sienna said with obvious annoyance. I popped up, 10 minutes? Psh, I can totally do that.

Soon enough we had gotten to a point where we could see an open spot. "Is that it?" I asked turning my attention to Sienna. "Yup! It'll be an easier walk from here." She panted happily. I felt a burst of excitement surge through me as we got closer. We couldn't even see the other wolves behind us any longer. Sure, they were a part of the pack, but there are rules we have to follow. If you are traveling with others from the pack they must arrive on time otherwise they will be left behind. We were required to follow a strict schedule and if they weren't willing to respect that it wasn't our fault.

When we arrived there were a few wolves already there or they were just arriving. Sienna and I sat down. This was a quick resting spot so we had to be quick. We shifted back, covering ourselves in the clothes we were wearing before. Being naked around here isn't much of a big deal, since you don't want to ruin your clothes every time you shift, it wouldn't make sense to do that. It was pretty cold out so we needed to do what we had to and shift back quick. "Here." Si tossed me a water bottle. I thanked her and practically inhaled the water. There were now a lot more wolves here, it wasn't cramped though. It was a good amount. "Put these on too...please." She said quietly and handed me my sunglasses. I placed them over my still deep purple eye and thanked Sienna once again.