Her Abused Mate #4, Clair

As I head to the pack's assembly room, I am met by Brittany who seems a bit disoriented. Before I can ask about it, she kisses me on the cheek and says something. But I can hardly hear her words. My ears are filled with ringing sensation so pounding I'm almost dizzy. My racing heart beats tremendously strong and fast like a 100 miles an hour runaway speed train.

I just smiled at Brittany while she talked to me and nodded at whatever she was going on about. Probably her how seeing her mom went and about plans for this evening. Even if I could hear more than just her voice mangled with the thud of my heart and blasting in my ears, I doubt I could focus. My skin felt tingly and covered in goosebumps as my wolf paced within my soul howling impatiently.

I didn't have time to stop or figure out what was happening to me as we entered the assembly room. I sit in the large chair at the front as Brittany sits on my lap, facing away from me. By second nature I wrap my arms around her waist trying not to tremble. Just then the doors are loudly pushed open and for a second my heart along with time paused for a second.

My eyes lock with a pair of icy blue eyes, the color of a frozen lake in the winter. My wolf is growling, scratching, and howling within my soul, there she is. My mate. The pair of eyes belong to a small girl with pale strawberry blonde hair. Time seemed to start back up again but faster as she is dragged into the center of the room. But I couldn't think or hear anything and couldn't tear my eyes away from hers.

The girl looked up at me seemu held in the same magnetic pull of our eyes. But the man dragging her in tossed her down onto the floor and before I could move to her. She looks up again directly at Brittany letting out a small growl.

"Silence." Said the man who had dragged her in as he removed a shift stopper cuff from my mate and then he immediately left.

The girl and I held eye contact for a mere second once again before she pushed herself up and sprinted out of the room. Pain filled every fiber of my being, though I was finally finding my mate. An event that should only bring tears of joy, hurt worse than I could have prepared for.

"Get her." Are the only words able to escape my mouth while a thousand thoughts race through my head.

Quickly, trying to hide the fact that tears are trying to fight their way out of my eyes and into the view of the whole pack, I stand up without thinking. Poor Brittany fell off my lap but I pulled her up before she could land on the ground. By the time I look back at the whole assembly room full of confused pack members, some of the pack guards are already racing out after my evading mate.

"This will be handled promptly. But I'd like to ask everyone to go to dinner now." I say avoiding any eye contact, especially with Brittany, who looks at me with confused expression across her features but shade of hurt in her eyes.

Somehow, though, Brittany gave off the energy seemingly understanding what happened. Along with all the other pack members she quietly files out of the room. I watch them all leave as I turn on my link to my wolves who went after the girl. My wolf cried out from within me to go after her too but I couldn't. I had to think about the pack. Plus I'd hate for her to feel cornered by me, so I instead went up to my room.

Minutes felt like dreaded endless hours as I made my way up the stairs to my room. Every second felt like a heavy like a stone was placed on my shoulders as I paced my room anxiously cleaning it. The link was silent as they chased after her scent. I nearly jumped into the air when I finally heard them in the link.

"Alpha. We have her." A wolf said.

"Take her to my room." I demanded into the link.

"Yes ma'am." Was the response I received before turning off my link.

Within thirty minutes I heard people approaching my door and I opened it just before they reached it. I hardly had time to process the state mate was in as I hurried them inside my room and closed the door. My mate laid passed out in one of the men's arms and an instinctual protective growl escaped me.

"If any of you hurt her, I will personally have you removed from this pack." I said in my alpha voice as I gestured for her to be laid out on my bed.

"Yes ma'am." The men all said in unison as the one who had carried her laid her down gently.

"But she was passed out when we found her, alpha." He said once she was laid down before he bowed his head to me.

"Leave us, go eat some dinner." I said and without a word they all obediently left quickly.

I finally turned to my unconscious mate, I already felt such turbulent vigilant emotions toward her and I don't even know her name yet. I scanned her with my eyes, trying to take in some type of knowledge on what she may be like. But the sights broke my heart, she was covered in scratches, bruises and mud. Her light hair lay a tangled wet mess across her mud covered face. I pull off her shoes and socks and wrapped a blanket around her. The action of nurturing her felt so natural as if I had known her for my whole life, I barely stopped myself from kissing her forehead.

Authors Note
Y'all I'm sorry I truly suck at on time posting, but the whole corona virus thing has kept me very busy. Anyone else out of school for an extended time now? I am for at least until April.