My Abused Mate #5, Melody

I awoke to a loud banging noise, the racket of a storm that sent chills through my body. I looked outside through the darkly tinted window and saw rain and even lightning in the distance, it terrified me how fast the storm must have come on. Reminding me of just how fast my life was changing right before my eyes with no chance of me controlling it. All my hairs felt like they were sticking up and goosebumps covered my skin, without thinking about it I simply blamed them on the storm. My inner wolf felt the storm though and told me I was wrong and that something was coming and that it is something important.

Just then we took a sharp right turn on the rocky and muddy dirt road passing several small cabin styled houses and within minutes we pulled up to a huge house. I just then realized we must have been driving most of the day and I had been asleep most of the day. I scanned the house with its many stories and many windows, through the window of the truck and I felt the need to run within my gut. I had a sudden hurt of energy beyond just having woken from a long nap. My inner wolf sensed something big and I could feel her bouncing within me, begging me to let her out. Mark interrupted my thoughts when he got out and opened my door and grabbed me roughly by my arm yanking me from the truck. I barely had time to check to see if my bear remained in my back pocket and luckily for me it did.

Mark dragged through rain to the house,it felt the rain was coming down harder with every step we took forward. I wanted to fight back and run far away but I knew I couldn't. Even if I tried, my body felt like it had an electrical current running through my nerves and my mind felt like it was in a mixer. Mark stopped at the door and banged impatiently on it with one hand while continuing his grip of me with his other.

A man answered the door and quickly let us in and out of the cold and wet terrain. I could barely hear the words Mark exchanged with the man who let us in over the sound of my wolf howling. The man looked irritated toward Mark and I looked away from them when I caught the man's look of pity towards me. I felt nearly about to pass out before the man was leading us down a hallway and Mark continued to drag me.

The man then pushed open a pair of double doors loudly to show a huge room. The second the doors opened my body felt jolted and pulled, when I locked eyes with her. My whole body felt on fire, like her dark chocolate eyes somehow were melting into my core. I knew, as my wolf howled for her, here was my mate with a girl on her lap. In the warm frozen still moment that I locked eyes with my mate I took as much of her in as I could, her damp dark blonde hair and strong face with its soft features most likely mirroring my own expression of beyond shock. Time began again as Mark dragged me to the center of the room and I cast my face to the ground avoiding all the eyes on me. Also hiding my anger that was leaking onto my features, the fury my inner wolf was trying to spew out of me.

Though even as Mark dragged me I felt a natural subconscious pull to meet my mates eyes, that I could feel on me. But even with her warm energy she let out as Mark tossed me to the floor. I felt a small growl ripple out of my throat as I looked up directly at the blonde chick on my mate's lap.

"Silence." Said the Mark who was probably shocked since he's used to my rather docile behavior.

But even my growl didn't concern him much or slow him down. Mark obviously was in a hurry to head back to the truck and be on his way home, back to the old pack. Which in the moment seemed so far away, almost unreal. Mark the shift stopper cuff from me and then he immediately turned around back the way we came and left. Left me in this pack, this new world, everything felt like it was unreal like a dream world. Or maybe a nightmare was more accurate.

Though I held eye contact with my mate for a second after Mark left, contemplating my next action. I was used to pain but I was used to war before she pushed herself up and sprinted out of the room. Pain filled every fiber of my being, though I was finally finding my mate who I never pictured I'd ever get the chance to meet let alone she'd be not only an alpha but also a girl. Pain erupted from within me rippling outwards, I've grown numb to the pain of shame or physically hurt but this was a different pain that I had never thought of putting a wall up for. In an instant I pushed myself up and ran.

Away from my mate. Away from this new pain. My vision blurred with confused thick tears as I goof through the doors and hallway to the front door. I wasted no time and leaped shifting the second I was out the door. My wolf barreled to the nearby forest edge, relieved to finally be out, our pale white and grey fur getting covered in the rain from the storm. The thunder in the background only charged the terrorized energy within me and I rode on it pushing us into the woods.

I knew that there must be people coming after me but why couldn't they just let me go. Let me leave and just live alone in the woods, where I'm a slave to no one's will but my own natural instincts. But they won't and even as I race hungry for freedom into these unknown woods I can hear about a dozen other wolves after me. I refuse to submit to them apologetically only to be dragged back to my twisted fate. I refuse to willingly bite my tongue and just let whatever my mate has planned for me or to continue being a dutiful meek servant.

My wolf, though ecstatic to be out, was shaky and weak from lack of proper care. I hadn't been able to have my wolf out for more than one night a month on the full moon for most of my life. My empty stomach was made more apparent and my dehydrated body couldn't handle much more leaping or sprinting. After about an hour of struggling to even stay conscious and push myself harder and further I tried to leap over a fallen tree but my legs buckled and mid fall I shifted human. I didn't even feel myself land as my vision went dark laying lost in the woods soaked in the rain and my own despair.

When my eyes finally reopened and I came back to my senses I was oddly comfortable though sore and feeling shaky. I sit up quickly even though it made my head hurt, I realize I'm in a bedroom laying on a bed with my mate sitting in at the end of the bed on a silver laptop. The room felt so cozy and clean, it smelt like cinnamon and hot chocolate and was only slightly lit by a lamp in the corner of the room. While trying to get my bearings I unexpectedly meet eye contact with my mate who had a concerned expression across her features and I tried to prepare myself for some type of lecture.

"Hey, are you alright?" My mate asked softly, allowing me to hear her voice for the first time it was strong but soft and pretty. Plus oddly enough I felt drawn to her by hearing it and I wanted to hear it again.

I sat there blankly staring at her unsure what to say. I knew she wanted me to say I was okay so we could get on with whatever plan she had, or that's what I figured she must want. But I'm not okay, ignoring the fact I felt torn up physically since my mind was in worse condition. I felt a force within me pulling for me to trust her, but I can't. Not after my life, I can't just trust somebody I don't even know. Especially not when she's my mate and had another girl already.

Before allowing me to choke on my uncertainty, my mate set aside her laptop and stood up stretching. She reached behind her and grabbed a small pile of folded clothes and set them on the edge of the bed before taking a step back. My mate seemed unsure of exactly what to do or how to behave, though she was keeping a pretty poorly done poker face.

"Here maybe you should change into something clean and comfortable before we talk." My mate said gesturing toward the clothes she placed on the end of the bed.

I awkwardly move off of the bed pulling the soft blanket off of me and feeling the cold smooth hardwood floor beneath my bare feet. I was a bit shocked and looked at the ground seeing my pale toes against the grey hardwood, not sure where my shoes went. I don't question it though as I move to the front of the bed and pull off my torn up shirt. As I went to pull on the light green sweater my mate had provided for me I heard a loud gasp and flinch, I tore around to face her unsure what I did wrong. Maybe I should have asked where I was supposed to change, I'm just so used to being seen naked I hadn't thought about it. But when I saw the look of horror on my mates face, her eyes tearing up I froze.

Author's Note
Heyyyy sorry I kinda got writers block and with quarantine and a lack of motivation I kinda didn't write but last night I got a sudden burst of need to write. So here is this. I can't promise I'll continue to regularly update until after quarantine is over, but once it is I will be back to regular posting. Question of the chapter do you believe in the supernatural? My answer is I do. Well wash your hands and take care about yourselves! I love y'all stay safe!
~Nat